Kubota L4479 vs L4474 (front utility vs front commercial snow blower)

/ Kubota L4479 vs L4474 (front utility vs front commercial snow blower) #1  

johnsayen

Bronze Member
Tractor
None
Hi all,

I've been searching around but not minding much info on the differences between the L4479 and L4474 besides price.

Anyone have additional info to share? When you select L4474 (commercial) the hydraulic up/down deflector option disappears so I suspect it's got built-in rotation and up/down deflection?

Is it just heavier duty for 24/7 snow removal or?

Thank you

/ Kubota L4479 vs L4474 (front utility vs front commercial snow blower)
Bumping this back up - anybody?

/ Kubota L4479 vs L4474 (front utility vs front commercial snow blower) #3  
Don’t know anything about Kubota, but competitors appear to be switching from hydraulic actuators to electric actuators. Snow blower chute controls are an example. My Kioti has a hydraulic cylinder on the chute, and long hoses to the rear of the tractor.. New models that I have seen have a simple electric actuator.

Not just compact tractors and snow removal equipment, but across the board in Ag and construction/industrial equipment.

Electronics are the wave of the future: cheaper, easier to install, more reliable, etc.

Bumping it back up

/ Kubota L4479 vs L4474 (front utility vs front commercial snow blower) #5  
Don’t know anything about Kubota, but competitors appear to be switching from hydraulic actuators to electric actuators. Snow blower chute controls are an example. My Kioti has a hydraulic cylinder on the chute, and long hoses to the rear of the tractor.. New models that I have seen have a simple electric actuator.

Not just compact tractors and snow removal equipment, but across the board in Ag and construction/industrial equipment.

Electronics are the wave of the future: cheaper, easier to install, more reliable, etc.
I dont agree with regards to electronics For snow blowers. It’s a wet nasty business, just about the worst situation for electronic components. Ill stick with hydraulic as long as I can. I think the issue you have is the way your tractor is plumbed. With 3rd function and mid-PTO on say a Grand L Kubota its an easy short hose.

/ Kubota L4479 vs L4474 (front utility vs front commercial snow blower) #6  
I’m also in the market for one, would like some feedback as well.

I ended up with the L4479 due to the weight savings (300lbs)