Kubota L48 Rear Axle Broke...Looking for discontinued part...or solutions

/ Kubota L48 Rear Axle Broke...Looking for discontinued part...or solutions #1  

jkrich

Tractor
Kubota L48
Looking for part #32771-27110. Shows parts #50 on drawing. Made a number of phone calls...but no one carries part..... part is discontinued part...Already Called Golden Eagle, Messicks, Kubota dealer, Wengers, Friday Parts, etc....Also searched ebay....No luck....Any suggestions?....... Here is a picture diagram ....picture where the axle broke into. A clean break all way through

Screen Shot 2023-04-27 at 4.58.54 AM.png

Last edited:
   / Kubota L48 Rear Axle Broke...Looking for discontinued part...or solutions #2  
Have you started calling wreckers?

/ Kubota L48 Rear Axle Broke...Looking for discontinued part...or solutions #4  
Curious how you snapped it. Care to tell us?

/ Kubota L48 Rear Axle Broke...Looking for discontinued part...or solutions #5  
I'm surprised Kubota doesn't support it and surprised that the current L47 model would be different. Have the dealers looked to see if there are any glaring differences in the shafts from each model? Maybe it's not been superceded yet?

Just a general question, but since the OP has both pieces, is this something a machine shop can make?

/ Kubota L48 Rear Axle Broke...Looking for discontinued part...or solutions #6  
Interesting as I have zero issues getting parts for my 2002 and 2004 M9's Kubota has always been excellent in stocking replacement parts in my experience.

Still want to know how the OP broke it.

/ Kubota L48 Rear Axle Broke...Looking for discontinued part...or solutions #7  
I'm really surprised the part is discontinued. You would think that it is used on multiple models of tractor.

I agree with crashz, a good machine shop should be able to make it.

/ Kubota L48 Rear Axle Broke...Looking for discontinued part...or solutions #8  
Splines is what kills you on getting one made. Big Dutchman makes axles. Machine shop in Crossett Arkansas can make them. Not much to Crossett but a very large paper mill is there, so good machine shop is there. You can call Fallin Tractor and they will find if any dealer has an axle on the shelf that you can buy. Them people have had that dealership since 1944 and are connected. I have seen them welded and I've welded a couple. You have to heat after welding and quench in burnt motor oil to get the case hardening. Most shops don't have a way to spray carbon on a hot surface. If you find a shop that does, then they can make you a new axle. I think the flange is inertia welded on those.

/ Kubota L48 Rear Axle Broke...Looking for discontinued part...or solutions #9  
I find that interesting in as much as I never have any issue with parts for either of my 2002 and 2004 M9's

/ Kubota L48 Rear Axle Broke...Looking for discontinued part...or solutions #10  
Look up Abom79 on YouTube. He's a machinist that likes taking on interesting fab work. I don't think putting splines on a shaft would give him much problem. He's got a ton of great equipment.