Kubota L5740 @ 100 hours

/ Kubota L5740 @ 100 hours #1  

nebraskasparks

Gold Member
Tractor
2010 Kubota L5740 HST and JD X734
I wrote a review on the L5740HST last year after putting just 17 hours on the machine and I haven't changed my mind now that the machine has 100 hours on it! Outstanding performance and maneuverability...very easy to use.
Sbakf, Lostinthewoods, TripleR, TexasJohn, gave me great advice along with many others which made the tractor and equipment selection process a well thought out adventure. Best place to get advice before spending your money.

I have so many things to maneuver around on 14 acres, (trees, creek, slope, garden etc.) that the HST definitely makes this a machine that extends the working life for the gray hair types. Being able to crawl at a "snails pace" without slipping a clutch etc saves on all my mechanical joints.

This machine was designed to perform all day long and put back in the shed with fuel in the tank. Very important now.

Problems to date was a very, very small hydraulic leak from a loose coupling I couldn't find and a grease zirk that didn't take grease on the FEL. Called the dealer (Johnson Tractor in Rochelle, IL) and they picked it up and delivered it the next morning. No charge.

The Phoenix tiller makes garden prep fast. The Anbo grapple is the best mechanical hand ever designed and I don't take it off very often. Life changed for the better when I bought the grapple.

Overall, extremely well pleased with the performance of the machine. As per past conversations...weight has to be added to the rear of the machine to keep it stable when using the FEL. Operates great in snow, mud and everyday situations.

/ Kubota L5740 @ 100 hours #2  
Glad things are working out with your tractor, the L5740 will be my next tractor.

/ Kubota L5740 @ 100 hours
Good to hear from you TripleR! Hope all is going well with you. Planning out the activities more now that fuel takes a chunk out of your wallet when you operate.
Glad that I bought from a dealer with a good reputation.

The John Deere dealer close by just got axed by Deere because they weren't big enough and apparently you have to have 3 dealerships to operate under their banner. It's pretty obvious that Deere is losing market share and is making a lot of wrong moves. This dealership has been here a long time and it's sad to see a reputable Deere dealer get treated like this by Corporate. Their small tractors made in India aren't living up to the quality that Deere was known for and I guess that's why lots of us are going Orange.

TTYL

/ Kubota L5740 @ 100 hours #4  
Funny that you should mention that about Deere as I was not aware of what was going on, but new something wasn't right.

About a week ago, I was baby sitting my four year old grand son and had to take a detour to get to town to pick my wife up. This put us close to our Deere dealer. Since my grand son loves tractors, I decided to let him look at some. This is a big dealership, but the selection was pretty disappointing in the big CUT class with only one 5000 Series on the lot. They had quite a few big and small, but not much in between.

This dealership came about when two had to combine as one handled mostly smaller machines and the other almost all Ag tractors. Another dealer to the south has even less of a selection.

The "Made in India" gave me pause, but have to admit don't know much about them.

We are in recovery mode after all the rain and I have gone through seven or eight truck loads of crushed rock and lots of dirt and am no where near close to being finished.