kUBOTA Lock lever for quick connect attachments

/ kUBOTA Lock lever for quick connect attachments #1  

eddieirvine

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L 3940
i Have a Kubota L3940 worked on the quick connect lock loevers and made them a tighter fit, worked fine! My question is has anyone tried to make something to keep the levers in place once they are locked in down position ? i know there is none of you that owned one not hit a tree limb or whatever to have one or both levers come up and un latch. If so what did you make to keep them locked in the down position??

/ kUBOTA Lock lever for quick connect attachments #2  
perhaps one of your springs is broken or the bolts are loose. Mine have never unlocked by themselves but I've only had this tractor two years.

I made a hydraulic actuating ssqa last summer so I don't have to get off to lock them.

/ kUBOTA Lock lever for quick connect attachments #3  
turns out I hijacked fallon's thread with my build but here is the link

the levers go overcenter so they should not be coming out unless the mount is worn out or the springs are not adjusted correctly

/ kUBOTA Lock lever for quick connect attachments #4  
I’ve had that happen on every machine I’ve had. The solution was to buy a CTL with hydraulic lock.

/ kUBOTA Lock lever for quick connect attachments #5  
I change between my plow and bucket every snow day. Sometimes twice a day. I have never had one come loose.

/ kUBOTA Lock lever for quick connect attachments
i Have a Kubota L3940 worked on the quick connect lock loevers and made them a tighter fit, worked fine! My question is has anyone tried to make something to keep the levers in place once they are locked in down position ? i know there is none of you that owned one not hit a tree limb or whatever to have one or both levers come up and un latch. If so what did you make to keep them locked in the down position??
If any in here say they never had one come loose. One it is not the spring loose like one suggested, There is not a problem with anything after i lock my lever down by hand!! I get into a lot of limb and tree branch moving some pretty large ones, fallen trees and branches. This does not happen all the time but as everyone else i do watch what i am doing. biggest problem is a branch or grape fine hooks itself around the lever and pulls it up and un latches the lock down lever. And like i had said if you have not had this happen and i don't when moving dirt or rocks, but if you have not had this problem you have never pushed or pulled on tree branches!!

/ kUBOTA Lock lever for quick connect attachments #7  
I change between my plow and bucket every snow day. Sometimes twice a day. I have never had one come loose.

It was brush using the grapple that caused my problems. I’ve never had them just come undone.

/ kUBOTA Lock lever for quick connect attachments #8  
I had one lever unlatch mowing a bumpy field. Ended up having to drop my grapple in the field and going back with pallet forks to retrieve it as it was flat to the ground. I do not consider it a fault of the tractor.

If one cared, one could bungee the levers down to prevent such.

/ kUBOTA Lock lever for quick connect attachments #9  
I have never had them come unlatched on anything but a brush grapple. But the one time that happened, it twisted my QA frame when one side came out trying to pick up a heavy log. Now I use two very thick and long bungie cords to lash them down in place. Takes 30 secs more when changing attachments.

Attachments

• WP_000648.jpg
    WP_000648.jpg
    921.8 KB · Views: 90
   / kUBOTA Lock lever for quick connect attachments #10  
As I moved 5" of winter wonder today I had a chance to look at mine. Brainstorming here: 1. Drill a 3/16 hole in each handle and put a piece of 1" flat bar stock between the holes and fasten with a couple of bolts. 2. Drill the same holes and put a spring between the two holes that you can pull over and fasten. 3. Holes again and put a bungie in one handle down around the round bar below, back up to the other hole.

Just some ideas.