Kubota M5660SUHD caught on fire (60hrs)!

/ Kubota M5660SUHD caught on fire (60hrs)! #61  
Another tractor fire with similar pictures.

Caught Fire!

/ Kubota M5660SUHD caught on fire (60hrs)! #62  
Those pics look like there is a charred bird's nest on top of that particular tractor.

/ Kubota M5660SUHD caught on fire (60hrs)!
Those pics look like there is a charred bird's nest on top of that particular tractor.
Yes I have had my share of bird nest fires on various equipment over 30 years

They are usually not very destructive and easily put out

In my case it was plastic burning.

/ Kubota M5660SUHD caught on fire (60hrs)! #64  
From the looks of yours, it looks like a miracle that you were able to stop the fire at all. And it concerns me that you were burned yourself putting it out.

/ Kubota M5660SUHD caught on fire (60hrs)! #65  
Most engine compartments catch fire because of flammable debris sitting on hot parts. That’s the most logical conclusion

/ Kubota M5660SUHD caught on fire (60hrs)! #67  
Soy-based wiring may be an ESG "wet-dream" but, it is a real loser for anyone that depends on their equipment.

/ Kubota M5660SUHD caught on fire (60hrs)! #68  
Unfortunately i did not insure (never had any claim in 30 years) but I should have since this was financed by Kubota
If you financed it you should have insurance. No financing institution will finance, (whether its a car, a house or a tractor) without having an insurance to guarantee the value in case of a loss.

/ Kubota M5660SUHD caught on fire (60hrs)! #69  
If you financed it you should have insurance. No financing institution will finance, (whether its a car, a house or a tractor) without having an insurance to guarantee the value in case of a loss.
About the only way to finance without insurance is to provide proof of outside insurance coverage and then canceling it after the paperwork/loan is approved. Then when the finance company discovers this, you will get forced insurance per the terms of the loan.

As this person and others have stated, I find it hard to believe you got Kubota 0% financing without proof of insurance.

/ Kubota M5660SUHD caught on fire (60hrs)! #70  
There may be something to that. Many cars use wire with soy-based insulation. There are serious and expensive problems with mice, chipmunks and squirrels getting under the hood and chewing on the wiring and a food source.
And RATS.