Comparison Kubota M6040 or JD 5525

/ Kubota M6040 or JD 5525 #1  

FARMGUY1

Hi there just looking for some advice here I'm looking at buying a new tractor next week but I have 2 options buy a Kubota M6040 4x4 new or JD 5525 with 600 hrs 4x4 used.What is best on fuel and lasting longer without problems?

/ Kubota M6040 or JD 5525 #2  
the kubota is a real good tractor.an in my eyes itll will run along time without any major repairs.if it was me id go with the new kubota over the used jd because you get warrenty with the kubota.

/ Kubota M6040 or JD 5525 #3  
I really like my Kubota, but it looks like you will be getting much more tractor with the John Deere. How are they equipped and what's the condition of the John Deere?

Six hundred hours is really nothing on a tractor like that.

/ Kubota M6040 or JD 5525
Hi guys thanks for the advice here .I don't know a whole lot about the JD but it only has 600 hrs and don't know why it was traded in.I guess one of my concerns with the JD is fuel wondering if its a pig? Also do any of you know anything about the Kubota M 6040 3 point hitch arm external lift cylinder good idea or not?

/ Kubota M6040 or JD 5525 #5  
I have no first hand experience with either, but in looking at the specs on both tractors and from owning an M8540, I have no doubt based on the size, weight and HP differential that the 5525 is going to burn more fuel than the Kubota, but it will do more work with bigger equipment, so your per acre fuel use may not be so bad.

I guess it depends on your intended usage.

/ Kubota M6040 or JD 5525 #6  
I've recently gotten the M7040 which I think is about the same size dimensions wise.

I'd second the point about the 600 hours that TripleR made. 600 hours are really nothing on a tractor like this. These machines last thousands of hours. If you are like me, you will try to keep a machine well beyond the warranty expiry anyway so warranty has never been a large consideration when I purchase equipment.

At the end of the day, the way I would deal with this question is figure out what size of tractor you need. If you need or can use the larger 5525, that is what I would get. I'm sure it is a solid machine. Tractors get traded in for all kinds of reasons. With that low hours, I wouldn't worry about it at all.