Kubota M7040 with grooved R4's

/ Kubota M7040 with grooved R4's #71  
View attachment 724237
I did put V-bar chains on the front yesterday.
When I chained up my fronts with 2 link ladders, it made the thing just about unstoppable in snow.
You're gonna notice a good size difference.
The advantages of front chains are traction of course, but also steering, better directional stability with off set loads like a front plow would give and tire protection as well when going into the "stick ups".

/ Kubota M7040 with grooved R4's
When I chained up my fronts with 2 link ladders, it made the thing just about unstoppable in snow.
You're gonna notice a good size difference.
The advantages of front chains are traction of course, but also steering, better directional stability with off set loads like a front plow would give and tire protection as well when going into the "stick ups".
I may just try the fronts only this year. My neighbor across the street has some chains he wants to see if they will fit so I'm waiting for that. He's a real good guy and I don't want to just run out and get chains after he was so kind to offer.

I think the steering like you mention will be at least as big of an improvement as traction.

/ Kubota M7040 with grooved R4's #73  
I may just try the fronts only this year. My neighbor across the street has some chains he wants to see if they will fit so I'm waiting for that. He's a real good guy and I don't want to just run out and get chains after he was so kind to offer.

I think the steering like you mention will be at least as big of an improvement as traction.
I'm not a fan of chaining the front only. By design the front driveline isn't nearly as strong as the rear. When chained you are shifting a large percentage of the traction task to the front.