Kubota MX4700/5100 question

/ Kubota MX4700/5100 question #11  
Whether the front axle is engaged or not, the driveline is turning all the way into the transmission regardless and imposing a parasitic load. Never seen any tractor with freewheeling front hubs....

Had to replace the front spline coupler on one of my M's last summer because the driveline wore it out, even though I rarely if ever engage the front wheel assist.

M Series use a 2 piece driveshaft with a splined coupler secured to the back driveshaft half with a roll pin. Nothing that a 50 buck part won't cure.

/ Kubota MX4700/5100 question #12  
Whether the front axle is engaged or not, the driveline is turning all the way into the transmission regardless and imposing a parasitic load. Never seen any tractor with freewheeling front hubs....

Had to replace the front spline coupler on one of my M's last summer because the driveline wore it out, even though I rarely if ever engage the front wheel assist.

M Series use a 2 piece driveshaft with a splined coupler secured to the back driveshaft half with a roll pin. Nothing that a 50 buck part won't cure.
Now that is new to me. But when I think about it makes sense. All the linkages from the front are turning all way back to the transmission even when not in FWA. They just aren't pulling. I thought the fronts were just spinning on the hubs.
Have I got it right?

/ Kubota MX4700/5100 question
I have an MX5100 and went through this too a while back. I contacted Kubota. The gear ratio you are looking for is 1.559. I attached my correspondence which I hope comes through. Never tried attaching before.🙂
There is a formula to use with this ratio to assure you are in the appropriate front lead range.

View attachment 704537
Thank you for the information Hoobie!!

/ Kubota MX4700/5100 question #14  

Thank you. I thought that's what you might mean. Those loads are relatively small as you point out.