Kubota MX4700 help with plumbing 3rd function valve

/ Kubota MX4700 help with plumbing 3rd function valve #1  

flkeysff

Tractor
Kubota MX4700
I have tried the search function and it keeps giving me an error, so please forgive me if this has been done before. I have a 2013 MX4700 that I am installing a 3rd function valve on and need help in locating the power beyond port. I should mention I have a backhoe attached as the instructions for the 3rd function vlave state the hose are run different for that. I have tried to search google for this info but can't find a single picture of its location on the control valve. I do not want to take it to the dealer, since that would be a 300 mile round trip to hook up two hoses. If anyone has any photos that would be a great help! As they say a picture is worth a thousand words. Thanks in advance!

/ Kubota MX4700 help with plumbing 3rd function valve #2  
As they say a picture is worth a thousand words.
How true, so take some pictures of your existing hose setup at the hydraulic block (possibly similar to the attached pics) and I'll endeavor to show you which hose to tap into. I expect the block will be next to the filter, but instead of the blank plate with the 4 bolts, yours will have 3 hoses going into it.
Not sure about this forum, you may need 5 posts to post pictures, so you may have to be creative in your elongated response to my post.

Attachments

• Block 1.jpg
    Block 1.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 230
  • Block.png
    Block.png
    357 KB · Views: 258
Last edited:
   / Kubota MX4700 help with plumbing 3rd function valve
Thanks I will get the photos on Sunday.

/ Kubota MX4700 help with plumbing 3rd function valve
I am a Fire Fighter and will not get off until then

/ Kubota MX4700 help with plumbing 3rd function valve #5  
Probably not necessary, but may as well take a couple pics of the remotes as well.

/ Kubota MX4700 help with plumbing 3rd function valve #6  
Here is a picture previously posted.

/ Kubota MX4700 help with plumbing 3rd function valve #7  
Here is a picture previously posted.
GR8 pic MVR, saves me trying to add labels! Note the slight difference, PB from loader runs in front on mine, behind on MVR's, but they are identical so to speak. If yours is like this, you just break in between the PB from loader hose, or the PB at block(top left port). If yours are three hose remotes, you will also need to run one to tank, teed like MVR's or to filler hole of hydraulics like some do.

/ Kubota MX4700 help with plumbing 3rd function valve #8  
100TD just wondering where your return line from the rear hydraulics are? MtnViewRanch in his pic he ran both the loader and rear hydraulics to a "T" and then back to tank port.

/ Kubota MX4700 help with plumbing 3rd function valve #9  
100TD just wondering where your return line from the rear hydraulics are?
The pic I posted is not on an MX4700, as I noted, it may be similar. As I said to the OP, post pics of his and I'll tell him where he needs to break into his system. This is another reason I didn't waste any time modifying the pic with symbols and arrows, I can do that to his pic for clarity, as it may be different. Whilst I expect his to be the same, or very similar, it may not be, as I've seen some very "different" homemade takeoff blocks used to replace the OEM cover plate. Even if he has a homemade block, the ports should be in the same place if the OEM relief valve and base block is used. I don't recall if the pic I posted had a backhoe or remote valve, but I think they ran the tank line to the filler plug.
In the next series MX5100 (and possibly next model MX4800) I believe remotes are available attached to the cylinder block, not sure if this was an option on the MX4700 though.

/ Kubota MX4700 help with plumbing 3rd function valve #10  
100TD just wondering where your return line from the rear hydraulics are?
If the hose in my pic is going to a backhoe 2 hose valve, a tank line is not needed as the return flow from the hoe valve goes to the PB of the block which goes to the 3pt. The 3pt is not used while the hoe is installed and goes to tank. (My B21 is like this, however it does have a selector valve as well, I think the selector valve was removed on the B26, but could be different. Anyway it will work, as long as the 3pt is not used.)When the hoe is removed the loop hose is installed and PB flow is normal. That pic came from an L35 or something else, on here or OTT. The PB, P and tank positions are correct per MX4800 block.