Kubota New Pricing

/ Kubota New Pricing #21  
The cost of the financing is built into the cost of the item.
Actually, it isn't.

One must buy down the interest rate.

/ Kubota New Pricing #22  
I bet there is a heavy discount for cash purchase. back in 2017 the cash discount was around 3500$ CAD so... not really 0% If you need to borrow always find out the cash discount and do the math.
There is a discount for cash buyers, which is why 0% is not really 0%.

There is no free lunch.

/ Kubota New Pricing #23  
Actually, it isn't.

One must buy down the interest rate.
The prices got jacked way up (15-20%) and 0% financing was offered in leu of the old price or to attract buyers at the new higher price.
However you look at it you are paying a lot more - so much more that the dealer can offer free finance - and we know the dealer has done the math and you are not getting the sweet 0% deal portrayed because the price has been artificially inflated to cover the loss of the interest.
Remember though with Kubota you must carry their insurance on any financed machine. So there is $600-700 a year in insurance on your free finance.
Just buy used, pay cash, and be done with it. (y)

/ Kubota New Pricing #24  
There is a discount for cash buyers, which is why 0% is not really 0%.

There is no free lunch.
There is a very small cash discount, not enough to account for 6 years 0 interest. I think they make up the finance costs by requiring the purchase of KTAC insurance.

/ Kubota New Pricing #25  
I bet there is a heavy discount for cash purchase. back in 2017 the cash discount was around 3500$ CAD so... not really 0% If you need to borrow always find out the cash discount and do the math.
The current cash discount is negligible.

/ Kubota New Pricing #26  
I just bought a new BH77 backhoe for my L2501.
Price quote was the same regardless of financing or paying cash..
I do think there were $300 worth of fees for financing
So technically there was a $300 price difference on a $10k backhoe
But at 0% interest.
I ended up financing.
And yes the backhoe pricing has gotten stupid.
But I have the $$ and I wanted it

/ Kubota New Pricing #28  
There is a very small cash discount, not enough to account for 6 years 0 interest. I think they make up the finance costs by requiring the purchase of KTAC insurance.
They do not require KTAC. I just bought a m7060 and it is insured by Farm Bureau

/ Kubota New Pricing #29  
Anyone see the newly posted pricing on the Kubota Canada web site? May as well buy John Deere now.

My RTV-X1100C is now $32,000 before any options (or the same I paid for mine last year fully loaded with a Boss vee plow)

My bare B2620 before loader or options was 16 grand. Then it went to 18 when covid started. Now it starts at $24,000

M7060 cab bare without loader was $66,000 last month. It's $72,614 now.

I realize thats a new tractor, but you can get a nice used 15HP farm tractor with a loader and maybe 3-5K hours on it for that. And it would last about 20 more years and do 3X the work.

There’s an upcharge for small-ness.

/ Kubota New Pricing #30  
It's looking like Kubota is now approaching Deere pricing...

Mike
I don’t know why they wouldn’t. They’ve done a great job over the last 40 years building a reputation and a network that customers can trust.
They do an incredible job catering to the smaller farmer, excavator and large homeowner.