Kubota not honoring original deal

/ Kubota not honoring original deal #31  
When shopping excavators the kubota dealer was the only one that didn't offer a cash discount around me.

/ Kubota not honoring original deal #32  
I had a $500 discount for cash on a $30K UTV+plow in Feb. I was told the Equine discount expired in 2022. They had a waiting list of folks willing to pay msrp if I declined the $2,500 price increase in the 6 months from order to delivery. Another local dealer wasn't taking any additional UTV orders, they had 18 months of units in the queue, with a waiting list of 32 people. I never expected them to honor a price on a unit with a 6+month lead time from order to delivery. I did prepay for the vplow, so there was no increase on that item.

/ Kubota not honoring original deal #34  
Equine discount had been 20% off MSRP price for the last few years that I know of
That included cash buyers,
and standard rate finance buyers.
I bought 2 tractors, and an RTV using it.
RTV was only 15% off I think.
Dealers around me were usually making cash deals around 15% off MSRP on tractors without using the equine discount
Equine changed this year, and isn’t nearly the deal it was.
That equine discount is not being honored 100%, at least in my area.
They list an increased MSRP and then apply the "Equine" discount.
The tractor-buying experience is becoming worse than buying a car.

/ Kubota not honoring original deal #35  
That equine discount is not being honored 100%, at least in my area.
They list an increased MSRP and then apply the "Equine" discount.
The tractor-buying experience is becoming worse than buying a car.

That’s why I said the equine discount had changed this year.
It was 20% off MSRP for tractors
Now it’s only a max of $1000 off
With some models being less than that.

/ Kubota not honoring original deal #36  
Out of curiosity, why do equine folks get such a huge discount ?
If they can discount products for them, and still make a profit, why not do it for everyone ?

/ Kubota not honoring original deal #37  
Out of curiosity, why do equine folks get such a huge discount ?
If they can discount products for them, and still make a profit, why not do it for everyone ?
Just my guess... It's to penetrate the market for compact tractors. Homeowners are the market for subcompacts. Horse people need a larger machine with a FEL. Then when the horse person gets an even larger acreage, they move to utility sized machines. I started small with one brand and kept the same brand through multiple machines getting larger each time.

/ Kubota not honoring original deal #38  
Thanks for the info, but why do only the equine folks get the 20% discount ? Why don,t they give it to everyone ?

/ Kubota not honoring original deal #39  
Thanks for the info, but why do only the equine folks get the 20% discount ? Why don,t they give it to everyone ?

I believe that it was a deal made between Kubota and the equine organization or organizations,

/ Kubota not honoring original deal #40  
I had a similar situation where my tractor was in stock and the backhoe was not and I debated taking delivery of only the tractor and getting the backhoe delivered when it arrived. The way that Messick's explained it to me was that the 5/6/7 year Kubota loans were for Tractors and the attachment/accessories that were delivered at the same time as the tractor. The dealer needs to provide the serial number for each piece of equipment associated with the loan. If you have the backhoe delivered separately, then it needs it's own loan and they can only be financed for up to 2 years.