Kubota not honoring original deal

/ Kubota not honoring original deal #22  
😂 😂 😂 Yeah it's zero percent after the jacked the price up $6K or $7K! 😂

I have to admit the zero percent financing scheme is effective at deceiving consumers.
Maybe it's not deception at all. It could be real, and the loss or revenue could simply be considered as an advertising expense.
I found 0% very useful and it simplified our bookkeeping when buying our Kubota.

/ Kubota not honoring original deal #23  
Cash buy discounts when 0%, 1%, 2% and now even more is offered often don’t exist or are too small to make sense.
Kubota used to offer a 20% discount for cash buyers. Don't know what it is now. It wouldn't surprise me if their cash discounts are negligible right now given where they are in the economic cycle. The industry has been so successful with duping consumers by the free financing that they are trying it again thinking it will get buyers back to take the bait but this time I don't believe it will work. There is no appetite for tractor purchases in this economic climate.

/ Kubota not honoring original deal #24  
Kubota used to offer a 20% discount for cash buyers. Don't know what it is now. It wouldn't surprise me if their cash discounts are negligible right now given where they are in the economic cycle. The industry has been so successful with duping consumers by the free financing that they are trying it again thinking it will get buyers back to take the bait but this time I don't believe it will work. There is no appetite for tractor purchases in this economic climate.

Local Kubota dealer network hasn’t offered cash discounts in at least 10yrs that made any sense to accept.

Can call it duping, any intelligent person just realizes it is baked in. Realize that intelligent people are becoming less frequent.

/ Kubota not honoring original deal #25  
Local Kubota dealer network hasn’t offered cash discounts in at least 10yrs that made any sense to accept.

Can call it duping, any intelligent person just realizes it is baked in. Realize that intelligent people are becoming less frequent.
Way too many people are more concerned with “whats the monthly payment”? Wasnt that long ago a 4 year car note was difficult to get. Now you can get longer furniture payments than that.

Too many of these types are getting in over their heads, then refinancing/restructuring their debt. Another thing, IMO, we have let happen. File for bankruptcy and start over with new house, new furniture, new pool, new deck, new landscaping, new car(s)..…all on a payment plan.

/ Kubota not honoring original deal #26  
I've always paid cash for everything. I REALLY hate the thought of monthly payments. Just save up and pay for it once. I don't care to knock heads with sales people or finance managers.

/ Kubota not honoring original deal #27  
I weigh each situation
- rent v buy
- new v used
- cash v finance

Had absolutely zero issue financing anything when rates were hovering 2%.

My house is 2.02%
2 - vehicles at 1.99%
A tractor at “0%”

I have a big toy that is at 4%, that’s the only one I actually work to pay down faster than scheduled as I don’t like the interest.

/ Kubota not honoring original deal #28  
Do you have a reference or proof on that 20% discount for cash buyers?

Our local Kubota dealers haven't offered anything like that in the last 15 years that I've patronized them. They haven't needed to. They do have periodic sales for oil and maintenance items, but no discount for cash.

Nobody is "duping consumers" with free financing. Consumers aren't stupid about buying things. Especially consumers who are well off enough to need a tractor in the first place.Those buyers got where they are by being smart enough to know that 0% financing is made up somewhere else. It may be made up in the price, or it may be considered in the costs of doing business.

Either way, 0% definitely does help people who go looking for a loan. It does't affect cash buyers, they are still free to negotiate however they want..

rScotty

/ Kubota not honoring original deal #29  
Do you have a reference or proof on that 20% discount for cash buyers?

Our local Kubota dealers haven't offered anything like that in the last 15 years that I've patronized them. They haven't needed to. They do have periodic sales for oil and maintenance items, but no discount for cash.

Nobody is "duping consumers" with free financing. Consumers aren't stupid about buying things. Especially consumers who are well off enough to need a tractor in the first place.Those buyers got where they are by being smart enough to know that 0% financing is made up somewhere else. It may be made up in the price, or it may be considered in the costs of doing business.

Either way, 0% definitely does help people who go looking for a loan. It does't affect cash buyers, they are still free to negotiate however they want..

rScotty

Equine discount had been 20% off MSRP price for the last few years that I know of
That included cash buyers,
and standard rate finance buyers.
I bought 2 tractors, and an RTV using it.
RTV was only 15% off I think.
Dealers around me were usually making cash deals around 15% off MSRP on tractors without using the equine discount
Equine changed this year, and isn’t nearly the deal it was.