Kubota or John Deer

/ Kubota or John Deer
It’s like the first scratch on a brand new pair of boots. That first scuff always hurts the worst.
An yeah they come pretty fast after the first one.:oops:

/ Kubota or John Deer
The more I think about this the more I don't like it. I know the gubment has the final say in what and how manfacturers can build stuff. But this thing of having to run my tractor WFO all the time just to keep it out of the shop has me a little, well just say not happy. For the past couple days I have been trying to do that but now I'm seeing the hour meter adding up hours and the fuel gauge dropping like crazy. I mean the hour meter seemed a little fast before but now it really flies. I hate to keep ragging on about this but hopefully it might help someone else who might be thinking about going out and buying a shiny new tractor.
Some might say at the ripe old age of 75 what does it matter? Well it's not just me im thinking about. I've owned many pieces of equipment in my life, tractors, track and wheel loaders, Dozers, backhoes, excavators and more and they all had one thing in common and that was to get work done. Now don't take this wrong, my life is a little easier with this new machine around but it worries me that the way this is going I'll have a 1000 hours on this thing before this year is out. Every thing I have ever run measures hours by the amount of work the machine is doing not by how much carbon that extra muffler is burning up.
I asked them about it and their answer was, it's just the way these new tractors are. That's something else I wish someone had told me about before I went out and spent $30,000. On top of all this I found out this morning that Bud lite cans will soon be flying the rainbow banner on their cans. Something else to worry about, now I got to find a new beer. The world is just changing too fast for me now.
End of rant.....

Last edited:
   / Kubota or John Deer #153  
Bud light is nasty anyway. Hahaha
And yes the emissions equipment on new tractors, adds complexity, decreases fuel efficiency, and changes the way you have to operate a tractor
But at least a teenager somewhere in Europe is happy

/ Kubota or John Deer #155  
They've got their strengths; when a branch broke off a tree and bounced off of my hood I really appreciated it.

A lot better than the old plastic, I'll give them that.
The newer plastic is impact resistant the plastic is made with some rubber mixed in it and gives it some flex and strength which is great , my JD 4400 has the cheap plastic hood where as the fenders are plyable.

/ Kubota or John Deer #156  
I usually run 1800 t;o 2200 rpm and use a gallon of diesel per
hour on my 34 hp tractor is this in the ball park?

willy

/ Kubota or John Deer #157  
I usually run 1800 t;o 2200 rpm and use a gallon of diesel per
hour on my 34 hp tractor is this in the ball park?

willy

Maybe, it's hard to tell as nobody such as Nebraska has done any testing on a remotely similar tractor to yours. If you made me guess, that sounds about right if you are loading up the engine pretty well running a rotary cutter or tiller, but high if you are puttering around doing loader work. A gallon an hour doing loader work is about what a full-sized utility tractor in the 75-100 HP range uses.

/ Kubota or John Deer #158  
I'm thinking about buying a new tractor in the 25 to 30 thousand dollar price range. Would like something in the 30 to 35hp range. Witch one is the best bang for the buck?
In my opinion, having shopped for two tractors in the last 15 years, Kubota is the best bang for your buck. John Deere tractors are very good but you end up paying more for the name. Seems like Kubota, Kioti and other Korean tractors give great deals on equipment. Go orange!

/ Kubota or John Deer #159  
The more I think about this the more I don't like it. I know the gubment has the final say in what and how manfacturers can build stuff. But this thing of having to run my tractor WFO all the time just to keep it out of the shop has me a little, well just say not happy. For the past couple days I have been trying to do that but now I'm seeing the hour meter adding up hours and the fuel gauge dropping like crazy. I mean the hour meter seemed a little fast before but now it really flies. I hate to keep ragging on about this but hopefully it might help someone else who might be thinking about going out and buying a shiny new tractor.
Some might say at the ripe old age of 75 what does it matter? Well it's not just me im thinking about. I've owned many pieces of equipment in my life, tractors, track and wheel loaders, Dozers, backhoes, excavators and more and they all had one thing in common and that was to get work done. Now don't take this wrong, my life is a little easier with this new machine around but it worries me that the way this is going I'll have a 1000 hours on this thing before this year is out. Every thing I have ever run measures hours by the amount of work the machine is doing not by how much carbon that extra muffler is burning up.
I asked them about it and their answer was, it's just the way these new tractors are. That's something else I wish someone had told me about before I went out and spent $30,000. On top of all this I found out this morning that Bud lite cans will soon be flying the rainbow banner on their cans. Something else to worry about, now I got to find a new beer. The world is just changing too fast for me now.
End of rant.....
With all of the great locally produced beers available today, why anyone still drinks flavorless Bud is a mystery to me? Regardless of other factors.

/ Kubota or John Deer #160  
With all of the great locally produced beers available today, why anyone still drinks flavorless Bud is a mystery to me? Regardless of other factors.
With as bad as all beer taste, it's a mystery to me why anyone would even drink beer.

SR