Kubota or mahindra

/ Kubota or mahindra #171  
Mahindra folks around here are happy. I know the 30hp kubotas have weak front axles. Neighbor has 1300 hours on his and has had the front bearing disintegrate twice. He uses his FEL for horse manure, compost moving. P. S. He is great on maintenance, so neglect was not the issue.

/ Kubota or mahindra #172  
I’m thinking of a tractor upgrade. Want a cab, front loader, 40+ hp, and HST. Considering a Mahindra 40 hp or a Kubota MX5400. Both have plus benefits. No mowing but utility usage.
I currently have a cabless Kioti w loader, backhoe and forks.
No experience with Mahindra. Have two Kubotas: BX23 with every attachment under the sun, bought new, 2004, currently 1004 hours; M9000 with LA1251A1 loader, Ultracab II, bought on e-bay 2010, currently 1630 hours, added skidding winch, forks, grapple rake, grapple, skid steer adapter, hitch ball (removable) on a bale spike to move trailers around, 84" Woods bush hog. Also a 1947 2N, with a Zane position control adapter, but not used in several years -- saving for the grandkids.

The Kubotas generally maintenance free. Only repair: replaced air conditioning compressor on the M9000 a few years ago.

My neighbor back in the 1980s had a Kubota franchise. He was told he would essentially break even on equipment sales and make his profit on parts. He gave up the franchise in the 1990s because he never sold many parts. In my experience, too, these things just don't breakdown.

I have a band mill with a 49hp Kubota diesel. It can sit neglected all winter and start immediately in the spring.

Can't say enough good things about Kubota products. You might pay more initially, which may be an important negative depending upon your needs, but long run likely more economical. With peace of mind in the meantime.

/ Kubota or mahindra #173  
Choose for dealer support. Not brand.

/ Kubota or mahindra #174  
My friend Paul has Kubota L3901. He loves it.
I have Mahindra 2638. Mine is perfect for me.
I use front end loader, backhoe (a lot) brush hog, box blade and rear pull snow thrower.
Paul uses front end loader, plow, rake and a few other 3-point attachments on his Kubota.
Both tractors are HST. He likes the "rocker" pedal. I prefer 2 separate pedals.
Both are open cab. I believe he has a canopy for the Arizona heat.
I use a snowmobile suit to handle the frozen Canadian winters.
(Cab and backhoe were about the same price; I couldn't afford both.)
And yeah, the Mahindra has a nicer seat. You spend a lot of seat-time on (in?) a tractor.
The Mahindra knobs and levers are more "out of the way" as well. (ergonomic?)
lt's important--to me--to be able to get on-and-off without bumping a shin, snagging a bootlace, etc.
Spend some time at your favorite dealerships. Something will follow you home eventually.
There's lots of good advice already posted above. You'll make the right choice...for you.

🚜 ding beep

/ Kubota or mahindra #175  
I have 200 hours on a Mahindra 38 horse. Excellent machine. Comparably priced Kubota is a lightweight toy compared to the Mahindra.
Compare weights, wheel tracks, lifting capacity. Mahindra Engine is fantastic-- big displacement compared to an equivalent priced Kubota.
All distills down to what you want. 200 hours, wow. I can put on 200 hours in a week and a half.

/ Kubota or mahindra #176  
I have a 45hp TYM best of both worlds as it has the Kubota engine.I have had it for 12 years now.Best warrantee.last I knew TYM makes Mahindra tractors.Scotts recreation in turner is now the TYM dealer for Maine
TYM makes some Mahindra tractors. Mahindra is a major manufacturing corporation in India, and many Mahindra tractors are made in India.

/ Kubota or mahindra #177  
Mahindra folks around here are happy. I know the 30hp kubotas have weak front axles. Neighbor has 1300 hours on his and has had the front bearing disintegrate twice. He uses his FEL for horse manure, compost moving. P. S. He is great on maintenance, so neglect was not the issue.
30hp kubotas cover a range from 1700 pound B-series tractors up to 3500+ pound grand L's.

Taking one persons issues with front axle bearings, not knowing the model, uses, etc certainly doesnt quantify a "kubotas have weak front axles" statement.

I had a "30hp kubota" and even tweaked the pressure up 200psi over factory setting. Lots of hard and heavy loader work with forks, grapple, bucket, etc. 1300hrs when I upgraded and never had to touch the front axle. Was still running hydro fluid in it and not the thicker gear lube and it didnt even so much as drip.

So by my "one person" account with one single machine and one single model....is it accurate for me to say the 30hp kubotas have surprisingly strong front axles

/ Kubota or mahindra #178  
Unless you get into a large frame ag tractor like the Kubota M series for example, all Kubota and I believe everyone else as well uses ball bearings in the outboards (front wheel assist) instead of roller bearings and ball bearings, because of their limited contact area will fail when overloaded regularly as in heavy and frequent loader work.

Don't matter what make and maintenance has nothing to do with it. Overloading abuse does. Real simple.

/ Kubota or mahindra #179  
I’m thinking of a tractor upgrade. Want a cab, front loader, 40+ hp, and HST. Considering a Mahindra 40 hp or a Kubota MX5400. Both have plus benefits. No mowing but utility usage.
I currently have a cabless Kioti w loader, backhoe and forks.
I have owned both. Kubota is a very reliable brand. However, they are not built as heavy as Mahindra for a given Hp rating. The Mahindra models usually weigh about 20% more, and have larger times, bigger axles, more lift capacity, etc. So, in my opinion, Mahindra is better for utility work. For mowing, I would use Kubota. The added weight does not help you mow better, and uses more fuel. I happen to have the Mahindra 5035 HST, which weighs about 5400# empty. With loader, 4-way bucket, ballasted tires and a 2-spindle 6' bush hog, it weighs over 11000 lb. With a logging harness on the back, I can drag 20" diameter, 60 foot logs out of the woods.

/ Kubota or mahindra #180  
I have owned both. Kubota is a very reliable brand. However, they are not built as heavy as Mahindra for a given Hp rating. The Mahindra models usually weigh about 20% more, and have larger times, bigger axles, more lift capacity, etc. So, in my opinion, Mahindra is better for utility work. For mowing, I would use Kubota. The added weight does not help you mow better, and uses more fuel. I happen to have the Mahindra 5035 HST, which weighs about 5400# empty. With loader, 4-way bucket, ballasted tires and a 2-spindle 6' bush hog, it weighs over 11000 lb. With a logging harness on the back, I can drag 20" diameter, 60 foot logs out of the woods.
IT all depends on what you want in a tractor...but all to often this mahindra (weight) vs kubota(lightweight) arguments are stupid because people are comparing "similar" horsepower but not comparing similar tractors.

Kubota builds high HP to weight ratio machines. Mahindra does not. So it could be said that in a given tracoto size....lets say a 4000 pound class machine....the mahindra's are underpowered.

If people would start comparing tractors based on size.....like physically (tire size, weight, length, etc) then they would see. Mahindras in the 2500-4000 pound range only covers 25-44 horsepower WHere as kubotas can be had up to 63. Mahindras 4000-6000 pound tractors are all between 40-60 horsepower whereas the kubotas are 57-100 horsepower.

Sure, kubota could put a 40hp engine in a 4000# tractor. Heck they used to 3 decades ago. I have 51HP on a 3800# tractor. Not quite sure ID want almost twice the tractor without twice the HP.....let alone less HP than what I have now.