Kubota or mahindra

/ Kubota or mahindra #181  
I’m thinking of a tractor upgrade. Want a cab, front loader, 40+ hp, and HST. Considering a Mahindra 40 hp or a Kubota MX5400. Both have plus benefits. No mowing but utility usage.
I currently have a cabless Kioti w loader, backhoe and forks.
Well Kubota has an excellent reputation for being a high quality tractor manufacturer. I am assuming that your decision is if you are willing to spend the extra money for the Kubota. If you can, then you probably should.

/ Kubota or mahindra #182  
I’m thinking of a tractor upgrade. Want a cab, front loader, 40+ hp, and HST. Considering a Mahindra 40 hp or a Kubota MX5400. Both have plus benefits. No mowing but utility usage.
I currently have a cabless Kioti w loader, backhoe and forks.
I can only give my opinion based on my experiences where I live. The short answer would be: Which dealer will work/serve you better. Let me explain. I've used the big green God, orange demi-god and blue & red minor players in the compact lines. The local Big Green God (BGG) didn't have the time to even answer simple questions - got responses like " just look it up on line", etc. With that kind of attitude for the sale, I couldn't imagine what the service dept might be like so BGG got taken off the list. New Holland was better, but 200 miles away. Kubota had what appeared to be a great sales department, but turned out wasn't as great as I thought - ordered several specific things with my l3901 that showed up wrong but wouldn't be replaced without a restocking fee, etc. Things like a reversed Tiller with clutch instead of sheer pins - received a forward Tiller w/shear pins and didn't realize it until it was time to till - I know, I should have looked closer. Small things, but irritating when we had made a handshake agreement of what I wanted. Kept orange for 3 years and traded in for a larger Mahindra 55hp w/cab that was a year old and less than 60 hours. Got more trade-in value than I paid for it initially and ended up keeping the orange implements. Great deal, awesome dealer (it is the TYM Mahindra, but warranty is still really good). Dealer has reached out several times since I purchased this "Used" tractor and the service dept has also reached out to see how the tractor was running - and has come out here to do a warranty repair. I'm not saying one tractor is better than another; however, in my experience, I have to say having a friendly, respectful & reliable dealer (to me) is more important than what color my tractor is!

/ Kubota or mahindra #183  
EXACTLY, which is why I have Kubota's in the first place. My local dealer is a gem and I won't deal with anyone else and he also sells Cub Cadet and we have 3 Cubs, 1 zero turn, one RZT and a reverse tine tiller.

My philosophy is simply, the dealer (and his service department is the most important aspect when purchasing a tractor, make is secondary.)

/ Kubota or mahindra #184  
Somebody many posts ago said “Kubota's had no features”. Let me tell you something. My Kubotas have Bi-speed turning front axles. The front axles also can be locked. Those are huge, pretty significant features not found in most other tractors. They come standard with the tractor, you don’t have to pay for them. They give greater traction and also do less harm to headlands when you make a turn. They also turn tighter. Thos are BIG features.

A small feature my big Ms have that’s great when roading between farms- I can run down the Highway with my 4 ways on and if I need to make a turn, the turn signals cancel the 4 ways and act just like a truck turn signal. No other tractors or even trucks I own have that feature. It’s an indispensable safety feature.

/ Kubota or mahindra #185  
I don't have bi speed turn but I do have front (and rear) lockers. I rarely use the front locker but I do ocasionally. Nothing beats all 4 wheels turning together for maximum pulling power.

BTW, sold my NH 450 bailer or should I say traded it in on ta new 2021 Kubota Premium 4x5 loaded and my dealer gave me exactly what I wanted on a trade. The Kubota takes 4 net rolls at a time and 8 mega balls of twine. I'll probably never use the twine feature but the Kubota takes 2 rolls in the side and 2 in the front net wrapper so when one runs out you can switch to the next without reloading. Kind of neat plus it has centralized pressure oiling and greasing systems and the net wrapper tells you how many feet of net are left on a roll so no watching for the end of roll stripe. Only option I didn't get was the chopper. I don't chop my hay. What I really like is the ability to vary the density from the seat. I can start a bale at light density (for easy spearing) and then tighten up the density for maximum weight on the fly. Kind of like a Claas Variant but seat controllable. Was a little concerned that my M9 wouldn't have enough beans but it does, no issue. 60 horse input and maximum diameter, maximum density. Almost forgot, you can start out in twine (like if you are bailing wheat straw that likes to be loose), start with twine and switch to net without stopping. I do a lot of wheat straw and that will allow me to bail during the day instead of waiting until evening when the moisture is up.

With my trade in and the Kubota 5 grand ag discount, the bailer cost me 10 and I financed it with KCC at 0 percent. next year, I'll do some pictures for your enjoyment.

Only have one NH tool left. The discbine and I may trade it in on a new Kubota center swing discbine next fall. One never knows with me...lol

/ Kubota or mahindra #186  
kFrom what I have heard and read you are paying
for the NAME Kubota and paying for the problems
with the Mahindra

INHO you would be a lot happier with this tractor:

willy
That's also a very good choice like Willy said

/ Kubota or mahindra #187  
For the umpteenth time, don't matter what brand you buy so long as you have a good dealer close by. I never recommend any brand but I do recommend having a good dealer.

/ Kubota or mahindra #188  
Owned B7610 Kubota 2006 4x4 loader and gannon put 1000 hours on no problems. Did replace front tires right at 1000 hours.All residential use only!

/ Kubota or mahindra #189  
I would never buy a Mahindra, they are crude junk
So I'am guessing you would'nt fly in there aircraft either ? Even with their currant FREE parachute promo for TBN members ? 😲

Attachments

• ma-slide02-m.jpg
    ma-slide02-m.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 58
   / Kubota or mahindra #190  
My local Massey dealer carried Mahindra for about 3 years. Turns out not many people bought them to make it worth their while so they dropped the line. I am sure they are rugged machines and will match up with the Kubota in the higher spec models. One thing I noticed is that the paint on the Mahindra's faded terribly and all the tractors looked almost pink which made me wonder if the paint faded that bad after 3 years what else would go bad? Looks aside, I am sure they are compatible. In the subcompact and compact tractor models Kubota cannot be beat IMHO.

I have owned 2 Kubota's and love them for their durability and power. I agree with others who say drive them and check out the ergonomics, but also check out any owner reviews of the models to see what they are really like to own and operate. Also, with the current COVID shortages make sure both manufacturers can get you parts in a timely manner as well.

Good luck with your decision.