Kubota parts $$$$ - need 2 tie rod ends and perhaps a used bevel gear

/ Kubota parts $$$$ - need 2 tie rod ends and perhaps a used bevel gear #1  

ishiboo

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti NX6010HSTC, Cat 279c
Kubota parts are astronomical... $300+ each for a tie rod end for my L3650 (35080-44640) and I need both.

Is there any way to find an interchange for this? It's not as common as it has a female threaded sleeve to attach it to the male "tie rod joint".

Also, are there any good places for used parts? I lost a couple teeth on my bevel gear due to either a chipped tooth or a bearing dying (there's a lot of metal so it's hard to tell what started what), and that part (32430-43940) is also $300.

/ Kubota parts $$$$ - need 2 tie rod ends and perhaps a used bevel gear #2  
Stop by an auto parts store like orileys, carquest or napa- they will have a big suspension parts catalog that you should be able to browse for those tie rod ends. You will need to know the size/thread count of the sleeve and the size and taper of the stud when you begin to look in the catalog. It can get more complicated when looking up metric fasteners because there are 3 different thread pitches.

If you only use your tractor for light duty low speed chores on the farm, you might have someone cut the male end off a standard tire rod end and professionally weld a metric sleeve onto it (to give it a female end). Personally, I would not trust this type of repair at road speeds or if you carry large loads in a FEL- but if you are just putting around at walking speeds, it should be safe enough.

/ Kubota parts $$$$ - need 2 tie rod ends and perhaps a used bevel gear #3  
WHAT!!! I thought JD had the high dollar parts scheme cornered...:laughing:

Staying with a reputable non-fly by night brand of tractors like kubota, deere, nh does come with a known availability for parts/service for years to come. Quality does not cost, it pays.... on some items.

Ask all the people and dealers that LS dropped on there heads with there 'Montana' line of tractors. Better yet, ask them about parts available or support.

All that aside I would look into what KYEric mentions, might even be able to come up with the right tie rod ends to boot.

Also, with a little surf'n a list of tractor salvage yards was easily to come up with when I owned a yanmar 240D needing some deeply involved parts....

/ Kubota parts $$$$ - need 2 tie rod ends and perhaps a used bevel gear #4  
Bending was the problem with my tie rod. fixed it for 50 dollars by having my ends put on new rod replacing the bent one. quality steel and pro welder.

/ Kubota parts $$$$ - need 2 tie rod ends and perhaps a used bevel gear #5  
Again, like so many parts, tie rod ends don't know what they are on and the manufacturer did not invent new ones for his item. There is a SAE protocol for tie rod ends. You can match the taper and weld them on.

/ Kubota parts $$$$ - need 2 tie rod ends and perhaps a used bevel gear
Thanks all for the help and suggestions.

In the end, I realized that the moving rod ends had been attempted to be welded, screwed up their tapers, etc. So even spending $700 on new rod ends wouldn't have solved the issue.

Bought two new 3/4" heim joints and bushings to bring it down to 5/8" hardware total cost $50 for all. Cut the existing tie rod ends off and welded the new heim joints to the sleeves and bolted everything together.

There was probably 1" of play on each one so it's a HUGE improvement. With 4300 hours on the tractor, while they aren't as strong as tie rod ends, they'll probably outlast it. I bought the ones with grease fittings as well, I might add some rubber rod end boots to them as I do occasionally forget the tractor outside in the rain.

Huge improvement!

Attachments

• photo 1-2.JPG
    photo 1-2.JPG
    115.8 KB · Views: 302
  • photo 4-2.JPG
    photo 4-2.JPG
    112.9 KB · Views: 601
  • photo 3-2.JPG
    photo 3-2.JPG
    144.1 KB · Views: 303
  • photo 2-2.JPG
    photo 2-2.JPG
    101.3 KB · Views: 253
   / Kubota parts $$$$ - need 2 tie rod ends and perhaps a used bevel gear
Also, as a follow-up to the bevel gear, I paid almost $1200 in parts and labor to rebuild one front hub. Took 2 new gears, all new bearings/seals, etc. but it's in good shape now!