Kubota Rear Inner Wheels Cracked

/ Kubota Rear Inner Wheels Cracked #23  
Used to crack/break wheels on combines. Found these reinforcing rings fixed the problem. Welded them to the wheel used longer bolts -- end of problem.

/ Kubota Rear Inner Wheels Cracked #25  
Used to crack/break wheels on combines. Found these reinforcing rings fixed the problem. Welded them to the wheel used longer bolts -- end of problem.

Didn’t know you could buy the reinforcement rings. Makes the repair much easier if the bolt hole pattern matches.

/ Kubota Rear Inner Wheels Cracked #26  
You are so right. To many snowflakes whose feelings get hurt soooooooooo easy in today's America.
Jayhawk238 where have you been, my man?
We need you to post more! Blessings and thanks for all you have done for our country! 🤛💪

/ Kubota Rear Inner Wheels Cracked #27  
Jayhawk238 where have you been, my man?
We need you to post more! Blessings and thanks for all you have done for our country! 🤛💪
Just been busy as hell. Trying to get ready for winter and as normal I'm playing catch-up!!! As I'm typing this it's snowing!! :ROFLMAO:
:confused:🙃

/ Kubota Rear Inner Wheels Cracked #28  

Nice find. Combine wheels carry a heavy load with a full grain bin. At Gleaner, we had always used cone type nuts centering the wheel - but they really create high contact stress in the cone area, begin to wallow out, which reduces torque. Retightening every day helps, until the wheel breaks. That’s what happened when a big grain bin size went from 80 bushel to 200, then higher. Field repair update was to weld a reinforcing ring like you found, reverse the nuts so cone side was out, torque, re-torque after 50 hours. Centering the wheel is really center hole to the axle flange. My trucks all have flat nuts on the studs as do my tractor wheels. I have plenty of implement wheels with standard ag lug bolt fasteners, the only wheels I still have problem wallowing out the holes.

/ Kubota Rear Inner Wheels Cracked #29  
Is this why they went from stud pilot to hub pilot wheels on trucks?

/ Kubota Rear Inner Wheels Cracked #30  
Kubota M59 uses flat nuts and thick washers with a pilot hub on front axle. Just repaired a tire. 8 lug.

Last edited: