/ Kubota Restores Their Classics #1  

Paystar

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B2620
   / Kubota Restores Their Classics #2  
I remember seeing a px at the county fair when I was a kid

/ Kubota Restores Their Classics #3  
Nice they gave the owner of that mini x a brand new one in exchange. To bad they didn't contact me for some classics lol

/ Kubota Restores Their Classics #4  
Just wanted to share this. I thought it was pretty cool.

Very cool article, Shawn! Thanks for putting that up.
The tractor behind the PX2100 looks a lot like our G5200H - except for the shiny paint.
1669229309442.png

I went cybersnooping the internoodle trying to find an article with more photos of the restored tractors, but to no avail.

So here's a consolation prize from the Kubota Virtual Museum :

1669228486519.png
1669228656518.png

... ah-so, that's where the bull's head hood ornament came from.

/ Kubota Restores Their Classics
Yes, I'd love to see the rest of them and more pics. I don't know a lot about the old Kubota's other than reading an article on their history. I think some of the early tractors had really nice styling. Right now my orange antique play toy is an Allis but I'd sure like to have an old Kubota. It would be something different to have at the shows and parades.

Any pics of your G5200H Baby Grand?

I was also very surprised that Kubota had a part in starting the Datsun/Nissan auto company.

/ Kubota Restores Their Classics #6  
I missed the Datsun/Nissan connection completely.
Geeze .. I miss those Datsun cars.

Sidebar:
Around 1970 - 1973 I had a paper route that supported my airplane model kit addiction, and after 2 years of pedaling, a 10 speed bike for my hilly route to replace my old red Schwinn and it's rapidly deteriorating Sturmey-Archer 3 speed hub. 4 or 5 other guys had routes in the area and we'd all hang around "The Box" - a plywood box with a hinged lid that the newspaper company dropped our bundles of papers in. 6 days a week we'd wait for Mr DeBennecasa in his faded blue Rambler wagon to deliver the bundles of papers. Some of the older guys who had sold their routes to us younger kids would sometimes show up in cars, do burnouts and provide other entertainment - like cigarettes, cherry bom6s and bottle rockets! One of them showed up in his dad's Datsun 2000 which made a huge impression on me. Just a beautiful, exotic car that sounded like pure fun and looked like something a secret agent might drive at insane speed to make the last ferry at the border. But I digress.

You ask for pictures? Yes, we have pictures!
Our faithful G5200H - a downpour interrupted some maintenance:
1669604305394.png

... slicing & dicing the notoriously rusty Frankendeck, prior to brazing/welding on some patches:

1669604897352.png

I burned holes in those hiking shorts from the grinder sparkles.
Reminds me of the senior shop welder's advice my first day welding for pay:
If you're doing it right, your welds should sound like bacon, frying in a pan.
If your welds smell like bacon, you're on fire!

... and if you like even older Kubotas, I submit for your perusal the venerable B5100D:
1669600539712.png

This tractor probably gets more use than the others and it's always pulling trailers.
2 cylinders producing 12 blistering HP and always ready for work.
1669606522964.png

Cheers!

Last edited:
   / Kubota Restores Their Classics
That is what I like! The B5100D! I think those are really cool looking tractors with the hood and grill shape and the external air filter and side exhaust.
I gotta find one of those some day.

Thanks for posting Baby Grand.

I like that trailer too. I was going to buy one of those, but now I have the RTV1100 so I just use it as my little dump truck.

/ Kubota Restores Their Classics #8  
I missed the Datsun/Nissan connection completely.
Geeze .. I miss those Datsun cars.

Sidebar:
Around 1970 - 1973 I had a paper route that supported my airplane model kit addiction, and after 2 years of pedaling, a 10 speed bike for my hilly route to replace my old red Schwinn and it's rapidly deteriorating Sturmey-Archer 3 speed hub. 4 or 5 other guys had routes in the area and we'd all hang around "The Box" - a plywood box with a hinged lid that the newspaper company dropped our bundles of papers in. 6 days a week we'd wait for Mr DeBennecasa in his faded blue Rambler wagon to deliver the bundles of papers. Some of the older guys who had sold their routes to us younger kids would sometimes show up in cars, do burnouts and provide other entertainment - like cigarettes, cherry bom6s and bottle rockets! One of them showed up in his dad's Datsun 2000 which made a huge impression on me. Just a beautiful, exotic car that sounded like pure fun and looked like something a secret agent might drive at insane speed to make the last ferry at the border. But I digress.

You ask for pictures? Yes, we have pictures!
Our faithful G5200H - a downpour interrupted some maintenance:
View attachment 772235

... slicing & dicing the notoriously rusty Frankendeck, prior to brazing/welding on some patches:

View attachment 772236
I burned holes in those hiking shorts from the grinder sparkles.
Reminds me of the senior shop welder's advice my first day welding for pay:
If you're doing it right, your welds should sound like bacon, frying in a pan.
If your welds smell like bacon, you're on fire!

... and if you like even older Kubotas, I submit for your perusal the venerable B5100D:
View attachment 772227
This tractor probably gets more use than the others and it's always pulling trailers.
2 cylinders producing 12 blistering HP and always ready for work.
View attachment 772237
Cheers!
A couple of pictures of my 69’ 2000 roadster

Attachments

• EAE54041-E13C-4ADB-A0A1-5B9F15320923.jpeg
    EAE54041-E13C-4ADB-A0A1-5B9F15320923.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 88
  • 82BE6E80-0821-4FE7-BB79-A616E54BC084.jpeg
    82BE6E80-0821-4FE7-BB79-A616E54BC084.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 80
   / Kubota Restores Their Classics #9  
Nice car, I think I've ate at dockside before, Off topic question can you get to Grand Taverse bay by boat from Torch Lake?

/ Kubota Restores Their Classics #10  
I have a 6100 in bad shape, but still runs good

Attachments

• 1560374041543.jpg
    1560374041543.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 83