Kubota RTV 1100 head job - “extra” copper washers? Need a Kubota mechanic’s expertise.

/ Kubota RTV 1100 head job - “extra” copper washers? Need a Kubota mechanic’s expertise. #1  

ScubaJonL

Tractor
Kioti DK50HSE
I’m putting a new head on our 2009-2011 RTV1100. I ordered top end gasket kit (valve seals, gaskets for head,valve cover, manifolds, t-stat, etc).

One of the bags inside the kit has an o-ring (prob thermostat), 6 valve seals, and 3 copper washers like you’d use on fuel injection.

Coincidentally (?) the copper washers fit perfectly inside the valve seal and over the valve stem. My first thought was that they were to stop the seal from sucking out of place on the 3 intake valves. In fact I found two of them nestled inside two seals when I opened the bag. But the old seals didn’t have them. I can’t find any other connection where they’d fit.

IMG_7289.jpeg

Anyone know where they belong?

/ Kubota RTV 1100 head job - “extra” copper washers? Need a Kubota mechanic’s expertise. #2  
Those copper gaskets go on the injectors. Nothing to do with the valve seals.

/ Kubota RTV 1100 head job - “extra” copper washers? Need a Kubota mechanic’s expertise.
Those copper gaskets go on the injectors. Nothing to do with the valve seals.
Gawd I love this site Thanks!!!

Any guess which connection they fit? Every connection I pulled had much bigger, flare-shaped metal on metal connection.

/ Kubota RTV 1100 head job - “extra” copper washers? Need a Kubota mechanic’s expertise. #4  
They go under the injectors. Just drop them in the hole in the head and then screw the injector in.

/ Kubota RTV 1100 head job - “extra” copper washers? Need a Kubota mechanic’s expertise.
Just to update in case anyone finds this useful - the top end kit for 2009-2011 RTV1100’s doesn’t include fuel system washers. The 3 copper washers turned out to be for rocker arms.

/ Kubota RTV 1100 head job - “extra” copper washers? Need a Kubota mechanic’s expertise. #6  
r u absolutely sure.??
U may be right but I find it a little wonky to put copper washers on a rotating/moving part..
I was on the injector band wagon too..
Hope it works out for you..

/ Kubota RTV 1100 head job - “extra” copper washers? Need a Kubota mechanic’s expertise. #7  
Where on the rocker arms do these washers go? I've never put copper washers anywhere on the valve train of a Kubota engine that I remember.

Where on the rocker arms do these washers go? I've never put copper washers anywhere on the valve train of a Kubota engine that I remember.
Update to the update: they go on top of the valve cover. Old ones were in the bag of rocker parts so I just assumed. My bad.

Definitely not on the fuel side though, as they fall through the injection port, and don’t match any line connections.