Kubota RTV Heavy Modifications...Yes, you CAN safely lift!

/ Kubota RTV Heavy Modifications...Yes, you CAN safely lift!
Aczlan, it would be a night n day difference. That stuff of one front wheel raises off the ground and you're done until you lock the rear, will be over. Several places on our trails going to my tree-stands, I'd have to hit with speed, or lock the rear-diff, on my older 1100. The exact same machine now with the limited-slip, I can stop right in the middle with a wheel up, and take right back off, never touching the diff-lok. Pushing wet deep snow with a 7' BOSS plow is effortless now...just like pushing it with the X.

/ Kubota RTV Heavy Modifications...Yes, you CAN safely lift!
This was before the 14" Yaffee mini apes went on

Awe man, now you're gonna cause me to go blow some more money I aint got! That looks slick as ****! ****, glad you mentioned that front skin...have not heard about it. I've not even broke it out yet this Spring...crammed up in the front of my attached garage, shamefully covered in dust. The wife blows me crap and said I purchased a 33,000 dollar garage stereo, because it sits there on the trickle and I listen to jams while I make job-bids at my work-bench. I'd have to move three broke-down ATVs, and a Seadoo just to dig it out of there! I have a dyno credit at Indy West..guess I should get it out, clean it up and get it tuned. I was going to say, you're not likely to see another example of YOUR RK in traffic, but if I keep sitting here staring at it, you just might!

/ Kubota RTV Heavy Modifications...Yes, you CAN safely lift! #23  
Awesome post and thanks for taking the time to write a book about it. I have been thinking of lifting my 900 for some time but saw all the negative comments about it. Your post gives me new hope. I am trying to view your pics but I am unable to open them for some reason.

/ Kubota RTV Heavy Modifications...Yes, you CAN safely lift! #24  
The old 900 up there was where it all started; Was my second one and it kept overheating. Added a turbo to it, and that did little but make it worse. When I embraced the fact that there just wasn't enough room in the front-end cheat a rad up there, I plumbed copper up the cage, welded-in a couple pieces of angle, drilled for the isolaters and then what?...in the Winter, every time we went riding, everyone kept placing their hands on my pipes...NOT COOL! Teehee! Nah, seriously, they were always on quads, and after a couple hours, they had frozen fingers.

And so (Did you see what I just did?...uh-huh) didn't take long before we found another benefit...I bypassed the fan with a switch and reversed the polarity with an isolater (So it wouldn't crash with the vehicle's electrical system) and you could then flip the switch, the fan ran in reverse, blowing nice toasty air all up on the back of your frosty pumpkins. I told everyone my RTV900 had a Kentucky heater in it! The wife started wanting to ride in the WINTER! That was both good AND bad, right. Well, you know. Whatever.

Hmm..on a roll here. Anyway, about a year into that one I bought an 1100's motor, transmission and cradle...modified the crossmember and moved it forward in the frame, and THAT machine spent most of it's life an 1100, before Kubota ever had the idea. The truth is, the only time I really noticed any difference was on steep inclines, and then only marginally. But, for all my time and effort, I could say I had an 1100 "Sport". That was a joke.
View attachment 507243
Featured here is the wife, grasping my pipe. That happens sometimes when you're married, but not often. Anyone notice the exhaust on this 900?
LMAO...this post had me cracking up.

/ Kubota RTV Heavy Modifications...Yes, you CAN safely lift! #25  
They finally have a lift made for the x series. I bought the 2” for my x1100c and the dealer installed it prior to delivery. Works great and is super simple

Brett

/ Kubota RTV Heavy Modifications...Yes, you CAN safely lift! #26  
I see the OP hasn't been around. I wanted to ask him about my Mule 2500 Diesel. I know it's an RTV/Gator discussion. But I put a slight lift kit in the Mule and wonder if I am destroying the drivetrain with the increased CV joint angles?

/ Kubota RTV Heavy Modifications...Yes, you CAN safely lift! #27  
I see the OP hasn't been around. I wanted to ask him about my Mule 2500 Diesel. I know it's an RTV/Gator discussion. But I put a slight lift kit in the Mule and wonder if I am destroying the drivetrain with the increased CV joint angles?

If I’m remembering right, the OP was getting his testicles busted pretty bad and hasn’t been back sense. It was pretty funny to sit back and watch it but he came across at a complete prick know it all/done it all and it wasn’t well received from some solid guys here.

Brett

/ Kubota RTV Heavy Modifications...Yes, you CAN safely lift! #28  
The first rule of internet forums is they will run off the brightest minds.

/ Kubota RTV Heavy Modifications...Yes, you CAN safely lift! #29  
The first rule of internet forums is they will run off the brightest minds.

Hahaha. I don’t know about that!

I’m still here :laughing:

Brett