Kubota RTV protection screen

/ Kubota RTV protection screen #11  
If you can get a secure, solid mount for a screen onto that front of the bed, it would be superior to a mount just covering the back window of the cab. As it is on my RTV1100, material can fall into the crack between the front of the box and the cab screen and build up on the engine. A screen on the front of the box would minimize this issue.

Yep. That was a primary concern for me when I built my rack. I wanted solid protection at the front of the bed to prevent material spilling onto the engine. I haul a lot of loose dirt and gravel.

/ Kubota RTV protection screen #12  
Thought I had posted a pic with the bed empty but hadn't. Here's one showing the solid front.

20151006_190955_001 (1280x720).jpg

20151007_085627 (1280x720).jpg

/ Kubota RTV protection screen #15  
I originally had the Kubota rear window protector on but I kept getting branches caught under it. So a few years ago I built this to increase hauling capacity while protecting the rear cab window. I can hang my yard tools etc.. on the sides.

ed

Attachments

• RTV.jpg
    RTV.jpg
    491.3 KB · Views: 261
  • RTV1.jpg
    RTV1.jpg
    430.1 KB · Views: 240
  • RTV1100.jpg
    RTV1100.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 248
   / Kubota RTV protection screen #16  
From my perspective, maybe the best thing about your modification is that it keeps crap from falling down between the cab and the front of the bed and building up on the engine (I shovel a lot of manure and horse bedding into my RTV1100... both materials are flammable when dry).

/ Kubota RTV protection screen #17  
From my perspective, maybe the best thing about your modification is that it keeps crap from falling down between the cab and the front of the bed and building up on the engine (I shovel a lot of manure and horse bedding into my RTV1100... both materials are flammable when dry).

That is the reason I built mine like I did. Minimize material dumping onto the engine. The first time I loaded my RTV I realized that wasn't going to be acceptable in my world. :(

/ Kubota RTV protection screen #18  
Ovrszd... why would you think about a compact truck rather than a RTV? I have been wanting a RTV 1100 but just can't stomach the upfront costs. I know that it is 3/4 of what I paid for a 2006 F350 CC dually diesel, and that keeps halting me, but I'd like to hear your reasoning.

/ Kubota RTV protection screen #19  
Ovrszd... why would you think about a compact truck rather than a RTV? I have been wanting a RTV 1100 but just can't stomach the upfront costs. I know that it is 3/4 of what I paid for a 2006 F350 CC dually diesel, and that keeps halting me, but I'd like to hear your reasoning.

Not sure what compact trucks are bringing today. 10 years ago they could be bought for $1000 or less. So much cheaper than atv/utv.

/ Kubota RTV protection screen #20  
In addition to initial cost, a major advantage of a compact truck is that it can (in most jurisdictions) also be licensed/driven on the road. A drawback is that most are right-hand drive (the steering wheel is on the right side). I think they also tend to have somewhat higher gearing than an RTV in low range, and also are likely to have a bigger turning radius. Finally, I think there is an importation rule that requires these trucks to be older models, so most are already 10 or 15 years old...which may be an issue for parts/maintenance.

I came close to buying one of these mini-trucks a couple of years ago, but was discouraged that my insurance company was going to charge me nearly double to cover it because of the right-hand drive.