Kubota RTV-X1140 disappointing performance

/ Kubota RTV-X1140 disappointing performance #41  
Had my Xc1100 for a few years now, right from new it could do 25 mph and a few more if going downhill. This is your dealers job to fix the problem or even train you on how to use a hydrostatic trannie. Why fiddle with cables and throttle stops when you may make it worse. Get it fixed on their dime. So you can enjoy your 25 mph workhorse for years to come and appreciate what it does well.

/ Kubota RTV-X1140 disappointing performance
Had my Xc1100 for a few years now, right from new it could do 25 mph and a few more if going downhill. This is your dealers job to fix the problem or even train you on how to use a hydrostatic trannie. Why fiddle with cables and throttle stops when you may make it worse. Get it fixed on their dime. So you can enjoy your 25 mph workhorse for years to come and appreciate what it does well.
Hi Jake,
Thanks for your input.
I totally agree. I have spoken with the dealer a number of times and even had them come out and have a look. They seem to think nothing is wrong. Maybe there isn't! But I can't get above 20mph on flat with one person.
I did have a look at the linkages, but they all seem to be set correctly. If it needs adjustment it is something else other than the cables and linkages.

Thanks again to all who replied.

/ Kubota RTV-X1140 disappointing performance #43  
The kubota rtv community of the world knows full well that the 1100 does 25 mph on flat in high gear, ac off, ( For many years now ) demand that they drive it themselves and fix it to have the speed it was designed for.

/ Kubota RTV-X1140 disappointing performance #44  
I took my 1140 out on the main road today to visit my neighbor; hit 25 mph in a heart beat... and hauling my fat a$$ apparently wasn't a problem either.

/ Kubota RTV-X1140 disappointing performance #45  
I've got an X1140 as well. It's not a sport vehicle. Not by any stretch. But it's built WAY better than the Mule Pro I had before, and has much more control over tough terrain. It would be great if it had more power, but like others I'm looking for a work vehicle, and it serves that purpose really well.

If mine can hit 25mph, it's only on flat smooth terrain, perhaps a bit down hill.

Part of the problem sounds like you are not accustom to operating an HST. You said you slowed to a stop, then started going again and it was like it downshifted. YES, that's exactly how it works. If it's bogging down you need to back off the peddle, not push it harder. That lightens the HST load on the engine, and is just like downshifting. You also said how when you take your foot off the peddle it's like the hand brake was put on. YES, that's exactly how it works. If you back off the peddle, it will sslow to what ever speed the peddle now calls for, and it can slow down pretty abruptly. I gather it's very common for people new to HSTs to reject the RTVs, and it's really just because they have not been shown how to operate it.

As for adjustments, it's really important to verify that when the peddle is full down, the engine throttle is 100% open. Pushing the peddle works in tandem to increases engine RPM and adds HST load. Too much HST load with out enough RPM will bog down the engine and even stall it. Too little HST load and the engine will rev but not be fully loaded. You ideally want the revs a bit ahead of the HST load so you always have enough engine power.