Kubota RTV-X1140 disappointing performance

/ Kubota RTV-X1140 disappointing performance
Get the manuals and check your linkages, or bring it to dealer. Something must not be set up right. It should go the same as my 1100C and it does 25/26 MPH both on the speedo and my Garmin GPS.
There's a few really god threads on net tractor talk also that detail how to set them all up.
Do you have any links to the set up pages ?

I have spoken with the dealer a couple times, however they have said wait for it to run in a little. But I can't see it improving by the margin needed to perform like Kubota say.

Be sure the parking brake is OFF.

Summon the dealer for warranty service.

In the USA dealer transportation is included under the warranty.
hehe, thanks. Yeah brake is off, and in 2wd also.

I have the same model; it is no speed demon for sure, but it will climb hills like a mountain goat. Love mine.
Thanks for the reply. So how fast does yours go ? Mine doesn't seem to climb that well either, but it is adequate.

/ Kubota RTV-X1140 disappointing performance #14  
The hand throttle kit helped my 1120. I would have the dealer check all the throttle/transmission linkages. Also it’s new and not broken in at all.

/ Kubota RTV-X1140 disappointing performance #15  
Do you have any links to the set up pages ?

I have spoken with the dealer a couple times, however they have said wait for it to run in a little. But I can't see it improving by the margin needed to perform like Kubota say.
No disrespect to this forum, but I mentioned the other one just because there seems to be the most RTV info on it.

I don't have the links, but if you just go into their RTV forum there is all kinds of good info. There's a couple members on there that know how to get max performance out of them.

I seem to be pretty lucky with mine, or my dealer setup. Like I said, I can get up to 26 on flat roads and I can climb my hills with two bucket loads of dirt from my B2620 in the box at 9/10 MPH.
Hard to really tell the grade in pic but it is pretty steep.

Attachments

• 20210703_151835.jpg
    20210703_151835.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 101
   / Kubota RTV-X1140 disappointing performance #16  
Something must be wrong. If I recall correctly, that's the same engine in my RTVX-1120 and I can get up to the rated 29 mph for that model. I think the 1140 is rated for 25mph and I'd expect it to hit that.

/ Kubota RTV-X1140 disappointing performance #17  
There is an adjustment for the throttle cable, so be sure to check that.

No disrespect to this forum, but I mentioned the other one just because there seems to be the most RTV info on it.

I don't have the links, but if you just go into their RTV forum there is all kinds of good info. There's a couple members on there that know how to get max performance out of them.

I seem to be pretty lucky with mine, or my dealer setup. Like I said, I can get up to 26 on flat roads and I can climb my hills with two bucket loads of dirt from my B2620 in the box at 9/10 MPH.
Hard to really tell the grade in pic but it is pretty steep.
Sorry, I missed that that was another forum, with a similar name! Went and had a read, however I'm not sure I understand the relationships between the engine throttle and HST. Assume you want both of these wide open at full throttle. But I'll have to examine the linkages to see if they are in fact moving all the way.
I did adjust the pedal stop under the accelerator, which allowed quite a bit more throttle.

There is an adjustment for the throttle cable, so be sure to check that.
I assume the throttle and HST need to be fully open at full throttle?

/ Kubota RTV-X1140 disappointing performance #20  
Be sure the parking brake is OFF.

Summon the dealer for warranty service.

In the USA dealer transportation is included under the warranty.

This Warranty does NOT cover:
• Pickup or delivery of the equipment*
• Rental of replacement equipment during the
repair period
• Products which have been declared a total loss
and subsequently salvaged
• Overtime labor charges
• Travel time or mileage (customer
responsibility)*
• Service calls (customer responsibility)
Transportation of equipment to dealer from
customer’s home or other location (customer
responsibility)*

• Repairs performed by Non U.S. Kubota Dealers

Last edited: