Kubota Snowblower Info

/ Kubota Snowblower Info
I've actually given up on the Kubota blowers and am now looking at a Farm King 84" blower. I have an old 74" Meteor blower but it has a small fan (21" x 7"). It doesn't throw the snow far and I have to go very slow because it can't handle large volumes. The thing is built like a tank though compared to the 2019 Farm King I looked at.

I converted the old blower so I could use it on the FEL with a homemade hydraulic power pack or use it on the 3PTH. I found with the blower on the FEL and running it at 600 RPM it would blow snow a very long distance. But because of the lower HP available I had to go even slower.

I'm looking for something with a bigger fan, so it will process more snow faster. That way I will have to spend less time backing up. The Farm King isn't a big step up though since the fan is only 23" x 7". I did see a Youtube video of someone using a 74" Farm King in 20" of snow and I was impressed at how fast he could go. I'm even considering getting an inverted Farm King but I really have to think that over. Using the inverted blower would mean I have to blow every snow event instead of plowing, which is about 10 times faster than blowing (at least it was with my old blower and my previous tractor). Maybe the old blower will be better with the extra 15 PTO HP this tractor has. But I still don't think it will be a huge improvement because of the small fan.

You guys back east are lucky. There are so many used blowers to choose from. I would really like to get a used quality blower with a bigger fan. Out here there are hardly any used ones and getting one of the quality blowers shipped out here is very expensive.

/ Kubota Snowblower Info #12  
Hilbilly, I have a Lorenz blower and it is built like a tank and is going on just about 30 yrs now without any problems. Although mine is sized for my compact tractor they make them in all sizes. At first I thought they were made in Canada but maybe it's in Minnesota. Here's a link to one of their sites and info on their blower selection:

Lorenz offers five different ser

The blower I have has the paddles on the two bars across the front and will it ever chop up hard packed snow before it augers it into the fan/blower. they are quite a blower. Maybe there's a dealer in your area or used ones on the market near you. If you had to have one shipped it might be worth it to get exactly the size your looking for depending on the exchange rate if it is a US built product.

With that mirror up above inside your cab and your Lorenz behind you....you'd be stylin' this winter!!

Cheers!

/ Kubota Snowblower Info
With that mirror up above inside your cab and your Lorenz behind you....you'd be stylin' this winter!!

Cheers!

That's funny.

I checked the Lorenz and they look like they are very well made. The one I seen even has a 6 blade fan. That should really work well. I found a new 66" model for sale with an asking price of about $4700 US which works out to about $6400 CAD, plus shipping. I'm sure an 84" would be considerably more.

/ Kubota Snowblower Info #14  
This morning I stopped by the Kubota dealer and talked to a different sales rep. I was told the same thing by him. Kubota bought Landpride and now sells implements under the Kubota brand name. He showed me a list of the snowblowers they can order from Kubota and everyone of the models started with a "K" and ranged in size from a 51" up. Not sure what the largest was but I was only interested in something in the 74" to 84" range. The way the model numbers identify the cutting width, the fan size and the fan depth, ie. a K74-24-09 is 74" wide and has a 24" diameter fan that is 9" deep. A K80-26-11 has an 80" cutting width and a fan that is 26" diameter and 11" deep. Unfortunately none of this information is available to the public and there are no brochures. So I wrote down the info and prices for the ones I was interested in and left to mull things over.

I just got my BX with a rear blower from Kubota, the K51 20 06, and that series goes up to 74 inches as you say. It is made in Canada, and seems very well made and robust. Have not had to use it yet, but soon...

I got a better price on it when buying the BX than I got from other dealers in the area for other blowers like Farm King and Meteor. Good luck in your hunt.

/ Kubota Snowblower Info
I was at the Kubota dealers the other day and seen they had a new K74-24-09 in stock. Must have just arrived. I was impressed with the tight fit between the fan and the housing but not impressed with the end panel strength. I could easily flex them with my hands. Guessing they are 1/8". There is no way I could flex the end panels on my old Meteor blower.

As far as pricing goes I was quoted $3,900 for the K74-24-09 with hydraulic chute rotation and $6,800 for the K80-26-11. That's a HUGE price increase for another 6" of width. I know the fan is larger but that still seems to be out of line for the small increase in size.

/ Kubota Snowblower Info
Unless you have your heart set on paying too much for a Kubota blower (which is fine if you do), you might give these from Woodmaxx a look:

Three Point Hitch Snow Blowers Attachment, 3pt Snow Blowers

You can get hydraulic chute rotation and deflector adjustment.

I mentioned in another thread that I looked at these too and the price seems very good until I convert it into Canadian $. Then the price is the same as what I can get a name brand Canadian blower for. The WM may actually cost more as there would likely be duties to pay when crosses the border. Plus I would have to pay for shipping to my location and I can get the other blower from a local dealer. In my case it doesn't make sense to purchase one. If I lived south of the border I would probably already have one.:)

/ Kubota Snowblower Info #18  
That's funny.

I checked the Lorenz and they look like they are very well made. The one I seen even has a 6 blade fan. That should really work well. I found a new 66" model for sale with an asking price of about $4700 US which works out to about $6400 CAD, plus shipping. I'm sure an 84" would be considerably more.

It is too bad you don't have a better selection of used blowers.

Lorenz 885 3pt. snow blower - farm & garden - by owner - sale

/ Kubota Snowblower Info #19  
I mentioned in another thread that I looked at these too and the price seems very good until I convert it into Canadian $. Then the price is the same as what I can get a name brand Canadian blower for. The WM may actually cost more as there would likely be duties to pay when crosses the border. Plus I would have to pay for shipping to my location and I can get the other blower from a local dealer. In my case it doesn't make sense to purchase one. If I lived south of the border I would probably already have one.:)

Ah, I'm sorry to hear about the added charges. That's too bad. On this side of the line on the map (US border), the 74" one is about $1K cheaper than the Kubota.

/ Kubota Snowblower Info
It is too bad you don't have a better selection of used blowers.

Lorenz 885 3pt. snow blower - farm & garden - by owner - sale

There are only 2 used blowers in the entire Province and they are both overpriced. Back east there are 100's of used blowers available.

Ah, I'm sorry to hear about the added charges. That's too bad. On this side of the line on the map (US border), the 74" one is about $1K cheaper than the Kubota.

If you're saying the 74" WM is $1K cheaper (ie. $2,900 US) then it is the same price as the Kubota one here. To calculate the cost in Canadian $, divide the US price by 0.74. So for a $2,900 US blower, the price in CAD $ would be $3,918 plus shipping and duties.