Kubota Super UDT Hydraulic Fluid Specs

/ Kubota Super UDT Hydraulic Fluid Specs #2  
Thom,

This looks to be what everyone in a previous thread on UDT was asking for; specs on Super UDT. I'd like to know myself, but not bad enough to pay $10 for it. Thanks for posting the link anyway - maybe some day.

Pete the cheapskate

/ Kubota Super UDT Hydraulic Fluid Specs
Yes, this is Kubota's own engineers describing their product specifications for members of a professional peer reviewed engineering society (SAE).

I'd post the data but it is copyrighted. I'll try to review it in my own words later so that nothing illegal is posted.

Having real data is always much better than having lots of subjective opinions.... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Kubota Super UDT Hydraulic Fluid Specs #4  
You can e mail it to others without violation of any copyright laws..... I await for the review.....

/ Kubota Super UDT Hydraulic Fluid Specs #6  
I thought I saw that page before, but could not remember where it was. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Thanks for the kink. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Kubota Super UDT Hydraulic Fluid Specs
The SAE paper basically explains why Kubota was forced to upgrade their UDT specs to Super UDT. Mostly it is due the major advances in their tractor hydraulic equipment over the last ten years or so, especially with hydrostatic transmissions, electronic solenoid actuated gear selection, and the much higher pressures and closer tolerances generated with the new hydraulic pumps. The fact that the hydraulic oil is called upon to perform so many different funtions in a wide variety of different equipment applications is also a major factor for Kubota' new hydraulic fluid specifications (which in Japan and some places in Europe is also biodegradeable as well).

The main concerns Kubota addressed were low temps, viscosity and filtration, and extreme pressure-friction.

Even though two oils are of the same viscosity at various temperatures, this does not insure their filtration properties at the various temps, mostly due to differences in wax formation and water contamination which leads to filter blocking.

The Kubota OEM hydraulic filters have a 35 micron filtration ability (their diesel fuel filters have an 8 micron capacity for comparision). This new hydraulic filtration specification is due to a dangerous situation which can develop prior to the hydraulic oil warming up to proper operational temps before use of hydraulic equipment, ie there is severe backpressure at the filter unit until the oil warms up, thus leading to either no or not enough oil in the hydraulic pump. This condition leads to excessive friction and pump destruction.

Use of Super UDT would be a good bet for HST and GST hydraulic systems, especially in colder climates and/or tractors stored outside where condensation buildup in hydraulic fluid is a major concern, as even a 0.5% contamination with water is enough to seriously degrade hydraulic fluid performance..

/ Kubota Super UDT Hydraulic Fluid Specs #8  
Thom,

This looks to be what everyone in a previous thread on UDT was asking for; specs on Super UDT. I'd like to know myself, but not bad enough to pay $10 for it. Thanks for posting the link anyway - maybe some day.

Pete the cheapskate

(Kubota UDT). Kubota, in cooperation with lubricating oil manufacturers has developed 釘io-Super UDT with an additional feature of Biodegradability to Super UDT (only in Japan). Looks to me like 'super UDT is just biodegradable.

/ Kubota Super UDT Hydraulic Fluid Specs #9  
The SAE paper basically explains why Kubota was forced to upgrade their UDT specs to Super UDT. Mostly it is due the major advances in their tractor hydraulic equipment over the last ten years or so, especially with hydrostatic transmissions, electronic solenoid actuated gear selection, and the much higher pressures and closer tolerances generated with the new hydraulic pumps. The fact that the hydraulic oil is called upon to perform so many different funtions in a wide variety of different equipment applications is also a major factor for Kubota' new hydraulic fluid specifications (which in Japan and some places in Europe is also biodegradeable as well).

The main concerns Kubota addressed were low temps, viscosity and filtration, and extreme pressure-friction.

Even though two oils are of the same viscosity at various temperatures, this does not insure their filtration properties at the various temps, mostly due to differences in wax formation and water contamination which leads to filter blocking.

The Kubota OEM hydraulic filters have a 35 micron filtration ability (their diesel fuel filters have an 8 micron capacity for comparision). This new hydraulic filtration specification is due to a dangerous situation which can develop prior to the hydraulic oil warming up to proper operational temps before use of hydraulic equipment, ie there is severe backpressure at the filter unit until the oil warms up, thus leading to either no or not enough oil in the hydraulic pump. This condition leads to excessive friction and pump destruction.

Use of Super UDT would be a good bet for HST and GST hydraulic systems, especially in colder climates and/or tractors stored outside where condensation buildup in hydraulic fluid is a major concern, as even a 0.5% contamination with water is enough to seriously degrade hydraulic fluid performance..

You can bet that fuel filters for high pressure common rail fuel systems filter to less than 8 microns.