Kubota Top N Tilt Kit

/ Kubota Top N Tilt Kit #41  
Don
Attached is a picture that one of the other fellows took of his Top and Tilt cylinders. Probably Birds. Hope it helps .If you do a search for TIP & Tilt or Top & Tilt you will find a lot of information on this project.

18-30594-ronssig2.gif

/ Kubota Top N Tilt Kit #42  
Thanks to Ron & Bill for the explanation and pic of the "Top N Tilt". Even with being the tractor novice that I am, I can immediately see (or at least imagine) the greater rear implement control and flexibility this modification would provide. I had a rear remote hydraulic unit installed by the dealer on my 2910. It looks very close to that portion of the overall arrangement in Ron's pic. Is this something a reasonably mechanically inclined individual can install, or should this project be "trusted" to the dealer's shop personnel? (And I will follow-up with a search on this past topic).

Thanks again,
Don

/ Kubota Top N Tilt Kit #43  
Bill,

I've just "come up to speed" myself on T&T hydraulics, uses and trials. A month has gone by since you posted your questions re: T&T kits. I read the thread and was wondering if you've found satisfaction?

I too am ready to invest in a T&T project. I plan to have the dealer do the install, but I get the feeling they don't work on B series tractors as much as the bigger and smaller Kubs. When I asked about this project when I had the tractor in their shop this spring, the mechanic described exactly how to do it on an L series tractor with slots beside the seat.

I'm sure they know what they're doing, but I'm kind of a do it yourself or watch closely over the mechanic's shoulder kind of guy. So what hardware did you buy? Did it come in the form of a "kit" from gearmore or gannon? Were you able to proceed at all? How long did it take to get the pieces in? ...

Like you said, it's strange to have the money but no way to proceed (unless we follow Bird's course).

Leef

/ Kubota Top N Tilt Kit #44  
One of the beautys of the Tractorbynet is the plethora of knowledge ALREADY POSTED HERE. All the messages are kept in the data base and with some simple search tools, mountains of knowledge are right at your fingertips without waiting for someone to reply. For example, contained within the HUNDREDS of messages on T&T, there are numerous references to the Gearmore part numbers and dealers who will ship them to you. I know because I've posted several of them along with others. It would sure be nice if everyone took the time to search the archives before asking the same questions over and over. It would sure allow us to get through all the message every day and to see new topics. OK, I'll get off my soap box now.

Larry...

/ Kubota Top N Tilt Kit
Leef,
At the risk of offending some, I will post my update on this topic. There is,indeed, much info in the archives...I have checked it myself. However, it is a popular subject and times do change.
I did establish contact with Gearmore via e-mail. They are going to ship me direct on receipt of my check for $980. This will get me the valve (3 spool), cylinders, and a bracket. Hoses are for me to purchase locally. I am on vacation on the sunny shores of Lake Michigan right now, but will send for the goods on my return. I may or may not update all on the installation as it seems this is passe. Homer Holmes is the man to make contact with at gm@gearmore.com. Hope this helps...feel free to send me a private e-mail.

18-30461-BillSig.jpg

/ Kubota Top N Tilt Kit #46  
i saw the pic in the attachment, is this on a box blade? two cylinders? is it possible to tilt
a box blade? it would seem to me the top link cylinder would be real handy.
william in wright city, mo.

/ Kubota Top N Tilt Kit #47  
RON,
on the picture,(attachment) that you show, this setup has telescopic stabilizers, but
these are on the inside of the lift arms. did anybody else notice this. i am having trouble
with the turnbuckles on my setup, mine are on the outside of the lift arms, and they hit
the inside of the tires, and nothing i have done has changed this. when i run chains in the
winter on ice, and snow, the chains are going to hit the turnbuckles.
william in wright city, mo.

/ Kubota Top N Tilt Kit #48  
William:
All the 29 & 2710's that I have seen have the adjusters on inside of arms.

18-30594-ronssig2.gif

/ Kubota Top N Tilt Kit #49  
Hey William,

I see you're in Wright City. I'm in Old Monroe! Small world! I'm looking to install a hydraulic top link myself, but cannot afford a kit (around $1000!). My B2150DT has the stabilizers outside the lift arms too. Do you have turf tires. I have ag tires, and they do not rub. I'm looking to get turf tires and hope they do not rub the stabilizers.

/ Kubota Top N Tilt Kit #50  
Bill in MI,
PLEASE update us with your install! Pics are good! I think some that cannot afford the full kit are looking for different ways to accomplish the TNT install (myself included).