Kubota U17 aux hydraulics.

/ Kubota U17 aux hydraulics. #1  

Ronster

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere 2520, John Deere X739, Kubota U27-4, Kubota RTV 500
Hi all. Hoping a U17 owner will chime in. I am buying a slightly used U17. Picking it up in about two weeks. I plan to put a thumb on it. I have also found a very light weight 21" flail mower that would be great for mowing all of my thorn bushes.
My question is, does the U17 have a valve or some way to change the aux hyd flow from two way to one way. I am assuming it should since Kubota sells a hyd breaker for the U17.

/ Kubota U17 aux hydraulics. #2  
Sorry, I can't help you with the thumb, but I'd like to hear more about the flail cutter.

/ Kubota U17 aux hydraulics. #3  
what brand is the flail mower? weight?

/ Kubota U17 aux hydraulics.
LIPA. Made in Italy. 400lbs.

/ Kubota U17 aux hydraulics. #5  
you might look into the specs a little closer. The Kubota U17 weighs 3700 lbs

"The Lipa TLBE-50 flail mower weighs 395 lb ( also add maybe 25lbs with the mount/connector adapter, hoses / connectors etc. ) and has a 21″ cut width, so it’s suitable for smaller mini excavators, specifically those which weigh 4000 lb or more (anything less than around 4000 lb will struggle with stability, especially when the mower is operated at 90 degrees to the direction of the tracks)."

Also add extra weight of a thumb, maybe a bucket quick connect.

You might look into a heavier excavator.

On the limits of the lifting capacity for sure. I did look into the threads about adding extra counter weights, but that is a whole can of worms I don't want to open.

/ Kubota U17 aux hydraulics. #7  
there are 2 others slightly lighter. pm me if you want.

Thanks to everyone for their advice. Cancelled the U17. A Kubota U25 or Yanmar Vio25 is a much better fit.