Kubota vs Deere Loaders in the 30 hp CUT range

/ Kubota vs Deere Loaders in the 30 hp CUT range #1  

slowzuki

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L5030 HSTC, MF 5455, Kubota M120, Allis Chalmers 7010
Looking at the specs the JD 4410 is a competitor to the L3430

I followed through the specs but the heavy Deere loader seems to have half the lift capacity of the LA723?

What is JD thinking or is the lift just rated conservatively?
Ken

/ Kubota vs Deere Loaders in the 30 hp CUT range #2  
The Kubota loaders are better in just about every category. I don't recall the dump/rollback on the JD, but is was poor compared to the Kubota. The Kubota loader is not only significantly beefier (look at the torque tube and loader arms), but considerably heavier as well. I expect that JD will be revising the 430 and 460 loaders in the near future. It was one of the things that swayed me to the Kubota. The Deere loader is made in Canada, the Kubota in the USA. The JD 430 is a good loader, it is well built. I think the Kubotas is just better. If my heart was really set on a JD tractor, I would not let the loader stop me if that was all there was separating the two for you.

/ Kubota vs Deere Loaders in the 30 hp CUT range #3  
That's a good question. I was shopping that size range and compared the Bota and Deere, Kioti as well. I found them comparable - now you've got me scratching my head. I don't recall there being a huge difference in the specs. With that said, the Deere Dealer I ended up buying from pointed out that some published specs are hard to compare because they don't use a standard measurement methodology. He of course said the Deere 430 was every bit as good as the Bota I was comparing it to, and offered to let me try it out and see.

I ended up buying the Deere simply because I believed it would do everything I needed it to do. The dealer is top notch and has taken great care of me and the tractor well after the sale. After 70+ hours of hard use I can say with experience that the Deere 4310 and 430 loader combo is no weakling. I pop small trees, I've moved everything imaginable in this old mother earth. In the past 3 weeks I've loaded and moved about 100 tons of fill, rip-rap, and 3/4" gravel as I've been reshaping my yard and driveway. It will do everything they say it will... So will the Bota! Don't get too loaded up on specs - I did and it got confusing after a while. Comparing is important, but keep in mind nobody in the reputable brands is making bad tractors.

Find a good dealer and you'll be really happy with the purchase - whatever the brand.

Good Luck! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Kubota vs Deere Loaders in the 30 hp CUT range
I'm not terribly interested in the JD 4410 for multiple reasons but a good friend bought one. The bucket seems puny on it, I think it is the 430 loader.

I currently use an ag tractor and I even find the loader a bit wimpy on it when moving full buckets of gravel or digging.

I'm also curious because the tractor I buy will need to lift 16 ft logs on my sawmill and move plate steel off the trailer to the chainfall for the cutting table.

I'll have to start looking at the weight of the logs.

Ken

/ Kubota vs Deere Loaders in the 30 hp CUT range #5  
Well, it looks like you got two choices, get the Kubota that has the stronger loader or buy a yet larger Deere that has an equally strong loader. If you got 16 foot logs and plate steel to move I can assure you they won't know what color the tractor is that lifts them but you will if it cannot. J