Kubota Warranty Appeal/Review Procedure

/ Kubota Warranty Appeal/Review Procedure #1  

SDT

Veteran Member
Tractor
Multiple Fords and Kubotas
Does anyone know the procedure to appeal the denial of a Kubota warranty claim?

Issue is complicated and lengthy so will not try to explain details here but certainly something that Kubota would not deny if all of the details and the sequence of events were known by a person having the authority to reevaluate the situation. Need to speak with a person rather than a computer.

SDT

/ Kubota Warranty Appeal/Review Procedure #2  
I would likely start here. But I really think that what you now are in need of is a different dealer who may be able to advocate for you?

https://www.kubotausa.com/contact

888-458-2682

/ Kubota Warranty Appeal/Review Procedure
I would likely start here. But I really think that what you now are in need of is a different dealer who may be able to advocate for you?

https://www.kubotausa.com/contact

888-458-2682

Thanks, RC.

BTDT earlier today (both by telephone and website (electronic)) and have not yet heard back but Kubota service representative called me at home after telephone. His reason for denial has changed somewhat but still a denial.

FWIW, my dealer has advocated for review but now tells me that there is nothing more that they can do. I do not consider this my dealer's fault. They have been put in a no win situation. Nevertheless, it is certainly not my fault.

SDT

/ Kubota Warranty Appeal/Review Procedure #4  
I sure would love to hear the story behind this. Even if that meant private messaging me. The only reason I could see them voiding your warranty would be that you modified the vehicle in some fashion they took it outside of its normal expected operating parameters. in my world of automobiles and performance I understand that if I put a tuner on a car, or do anything to make more speed or power than what the car was originally designed that I have no right to expect insurance or warranty whatever you want to call it. But if I buy a vehicle, being a tractor or a Corvette, I would expect it if I left the machine as the engineers designed it that anything that I do within that operating envelope should be covered by the state of warranty without much argument at all?

/ Kubota Warranty Appeal/Review Procedure #5  
Does your dealer have a regional rep you could talk to?

Sorry to hear this SDT, assuming it is related to a previous post? The B3350 has been a real disappointment. You would think if they switched to a common rail engine in their upcoming model that they would take care of anyone with issues on older models.

I sure would love to hear the story behind this. Even if that meant private messaging me. The only reason I could see them voiding your warranty would be that you modified the vehicle in some fashion they took it outside of its normal expected operating parameters. in my world of automobiles and performance I understand that if I put a tuner on a car, or do anything to make more speed or power than what the car was originally designed that I have no right to expect insurance or warranty whatever you want to call it. But if I buy a vehicle, being a tractor or a Corvette, I would expect it if I left the machine as the engineers designed it that anything that I do within that operating envelope should be covered by the state of warranty without much argument at all?

The issue is detailed and explaining it would be time consuming so I will not do so here.

Kubota is not voiding my warranty, but rather, denying a claim made by my dealer.

SDT

/ Kubota Warranty Appeal/Review Procedure #7  
Well, kind of hard to help without knowing the details.

Anything your state Consumer Affairs or Attorney General might be interested in? News media?

Does your dealer have a regional rep you could talk to?

Sorry to hear this SDT, assuming it is related to a previous post? The B3350 has been a real disappointment. You would think if they switched to a common rail engine in their upcoming model that they would take care of anyone with issues on older models.

I have spoken to my regional technical representative multiple times. Though incorrect, he is adamant in his position and not willing to reconsider.

I'm trying to escalate it beyond his authority.

I'm certain that this is possible but doing so is intentionally difficult.

SDT

Well, kind of hard to help without knowing the details.

Anything your state Consumer Affairs or Attorney General might be interested in? News media?

It's a $300 claim, and certainly not worth such.

Though I'm, an attorney (retired) and know how to do such things, I will not involve any kind of legal or media tactics. It's just not worth the bad blood that would result.

SDT

/ Kubota Warranty Appeal/Review Procedure #10  
FWIW, I appreciate a man who is willing to hold back from dragging everyone through the mud on a relatively minor (less than $300) issue.