kubota will not run

/ kubota will not run #1  

eric wilson

Tractor
kubota L5740
my kubota L5740 quite and will not restart. information center says that the pto and clutch are not off and pushed. tested both and are fine. i have no idel what else to do

/ kubota will not run #2  
Seat switch? Try to jump it... Welcome to tbn.:welcome:

/ kubota will not run #3  
These things are quirky sometimes.....like the seat switch, if you are light weight and the seat is cold, maybe that's it. Sometimes one of the control handles just isn't quite right....jiggle them some more for the start position. Dirt/dust, cold temps can account for the no start, especially if your tractor has been trouble free up to now. Obviously, a poor battery ground would do the same thing. Good luck, whereever you live. ... and welcome to TBN

/ kubota will not run #4  
my kubota L5740 quite and will not restart. information center says that the pto and clutch are not off and pushed. tested both and are fine. i have no idel what else to do

Won't start or won't crank???????

/ kubota will not run #5  
I would make sure the PTO switches (rear and mid) are both off. Toggle them several times each. If that is an HST -- the peddle needs to be in the middle or it won't crank. Then push the clutch down several times.

See if it cranks. Yes? done. No...

Inspect the clutch mechanism to see if there is some debris keeping the clutch from going all the way. Inspect to see if the plugs for the switches are all tight. Unplug, add some dielectric grease and replug.

See if it cranks. Yes? done. No...

Time to get out the ohm meter and see which switch is not working or where the wire is broke.

/ kubota will not run
i already tryed that. at the time it did this the seat switch was bypassed

/ kubota will not run
i checked the clutch with the dash removed and the the pedal is contacting the switch. at the time this happened it around 56 out side. checked both switches with meter liked service manual said to and where fine. the other thing that i found is that the pto light in the dash will not go out. the hst petal is in the nutral postion.

/ kubota will not run #8  
i checked the clutch with the dash removed and the the pedal is contacting the switch. at the time this happened it around 56 out side. checked both switches with meter liked service manual said to and where fine. the other thing that i found is that the pto light in the dash will not go out. the hst petal is in the nutral postion.

Then focus on the PTO switch. It sounds like you may have a piece of "stuff" stuck in there holding it so the tractor thinks it's on.

/ kubota will not run
checked pto switch with meter and there is no stuff around the switch.

/ kubota will not run #10  
If you have a battery tester, put that on the battery. I've seen a bad battery do some strange things. Maybe try putting another battery that you know is good in it and see if that does it.