Kububota SVL90-2 undercarriage roller replacement

/ Kububota SVL90-2 undercarriage roller replacement #1  

Tact

Gold Member
I would imagine the procedure would be similar on other makes and models, but my rear roller bearing is shot on the right side. I have a replacement roller and was wondering if anyone has replaced this in the field without taking the track off? If I remove the grease fitting where you adjust the track tension and somehow get the tension loosened on the track, will there be enough slack in the track where I can simply unbolt the roller and drop it down under the track for removal? I hate the thought of having to remove the track all together as I will be doing this by myself or with a helper. These tracks are heavy to manhandle.

I've looked for videos, but the only ones I found were for track removal and replacements. Nothing for roller replacements.

/ Kububota SVL90-2 undercarriage roller replacement #2  
I’ve never done it but l would think you should be able to change a roller without removing the track. Seems l remember watching a video of a guy changing the drive motor without removing the tracks. If you can get enough slack in the track & high enough off the ground it should be doable. I saw to push the track tensioner back to loosen track, place a 4x4 between bucket & track the curl bucket back to push the tensioner in.

/ Kububota SVL90-2 undercarriage roller replacement
I致e never done it but l would think you should be able to change a roller without removing the track. Seems l remember watching a video of a guy changing the drive motor without removing the tracks. If you can get enough slack in the track & high enough off the ground it should be doable. I saw to push the track tensioner back to loosen track, place a 4x4 between bucket & track the curl bucket back to push the tensioner in.

Thanks for the reply. Someone else mentioned what you suggested. I think I'll try that.