Kuhn drum mower blade size and shape.

/ Kuhn drum mower blade size and shape. #1  

Texasmark

Elite Member
Tractor
Ford: '88 3910 Series II, '80 3600, '65 3000; '07 6530C Branson with FEL, 2020 LS MT225S. Case-IH 395 and 895 with cab. All Diesels
Curious about the Z1100020 blade used on the PZ series of Kuhn drum mowers.

Wondering why it has a hump in the middle when most all other blades for discs and drums have flat blades? Additionally, curious about 3 dimensions: Dia of hole, width, and length.
Reason for the question is that I'd like to get some more height to my machine without installing a nebulas .44" spacer. Thought about the Kuhn and turning it upside down. The hump might let the blade tip stick straight out. Any body ever try that. I have a Tar River 185.

Replies and comments appreciated. Thanks

/ Kuhn drum mower blade size and shape. #2  
I run a PZ170 and I have observed that the "hump" in the blade allows the blade to swing above the rim of the saucer below. Not familiar with any other way to raise the cutting height except the add-on spacers they offer. Even with that, one has to lift the mower slightly with the 3-pt., then set it level (or use the limiting chain they offer) to hold the mower at the desired height. Once you get them adjusted in the field they are great units but sometimes I feel like I am flying an airplane trying to get it field ready! Yaw and pitch, height, inside drum, outside drum (3 pt. leveling...).

/ Kuhn drum mower blade size and shape. #3  
Curious about the Z1100020 blade used on the PZ series of Kuhn drum mowers.

Wondering why it has a hump in the middle when most all other blades for discs and drums have flat blades? Additionally, curious about 3 dimensions: Dia of hole, width, and length.
Reason for the question is that I'd like to get some more height to my machine without installing a nebulas .44" spacer. Thought about the Kuhn and turning it upside down. The hump might let the blade tip stick straight out. Any body ever try that. I have a Tar River 185.

Replies and comments appreciated. Thanks

Its to clear the saucer section. High part is held in place by the keeper and the hump down allows the blade to swing free in the saucer gap.

@Kiwibru Do you have a hydraulic top link? If not get one - it makes setting the mower up on the ground a breeze. Look in you owners manual too for setting the spring tension, and do forget to unlock the suspension.

/ Kuhn drum mower blade size and shape. #4  
@Kiwibru Do you have a hydraulic top link? If not get one - it makes setting the mower up on the ground a breeze. Look in you owners manual too for setting the spring tension, and do forget to unlock the suspension.

No, no hydraulic top link, just threaded OEM units. Tell me more...does this require an additional connection to rear hydraulics, one hose or two?

/ Kuhn drum mower blade size and shape. #5  
No, no hydraulic top link, just threaded OEM units. Tell me more...does this require an additional connection to rear hydraulics, one hose or two?

You will need a set (2) ports Sure make adjustment of a lot of things easy

/ Kuhn drum mower blade size and shape. #6  
Got two circuits so the hydraulic top link would work for the Kuhn. Might try to find one that is sized correctly for that use. Thanks!