Kyoti CK35 HST hydraulic woe's from a newby

/ Kyoti CK35 HST hydraulic woe's from a newby #61  
As I recall you need to clutch in to start the CK20 HST too.

/ Kyoti CK35 HST hydraulic woe's from a newby #62  
Reason I asked about the clutch with HST is: "the noise heard goes away when the clutch is depressed". Couldn't that be what has been thought to be 'pump deadheading'.

If so, the problems may be different than what we thought they are. Worth considering. Here's what I think will be the outcome: the tractor will warm up, the hydro filters will be changed. The remote will get fixed, and that's it. I hope I'm right....

/ Kyoti CK35 HST hydraulic woe's from a newby #63  
When first power up the engine to running rpms there is whine that putting in the clutch stops. I assume it's something in the powertrain. The hydraulics still work with the clutch in.

Last edited:
   / Kyoti CK35 HST hydraulic woe's from a newby
Hi everyone,
I got back home yesterday so today was my time to try to get the hydraulics working. My first attempt proved fruitless as even thought the temps had warmed up to above freezing I still had no response from the hydraulic controls. I tried removing the pressure relief valve and soaking in cleaner and I loosened the hydraulic filter to let a little fluid bleed off (it was overfilled anyway).
Don't know if either of these actions helped but I did end up getting it working 100% by cycling the steering from left to right several times. At first the power steering didn't appear to be working but I persisted with cranking the wheel in one direction and it suddenly kicked in. After a few full lock turns in both directions I tried the FEL and low and behold.... it worked. Still don't know what I did but I'm not about to look a gift horse in the mouth. Tried again to free up the rear remote but its locked solid so not sure how to proceed as getting it to a dealer and back would cost several hundred dollars. The closest dealer is a 2 hour drive and I just got rid of my float trailer so I'd have to have it picked up.
I plan to order a set of filters and do the fluid changes when they arrive.
Thanks again to all for their suggestions and help.

/ Kyoti CK35 HST hydraulic woe's from a newby #66  
That's good progress.
When you say it was overfilled, what exactly are you referring to? The hydraulic filter was overfilled? The hydraulic resevoir? What...
It sounds like the hydraulic filter fitment is still an/the whole issue....

/ Kyoti CK35 HST hydraulic woe's from a newby
The reservoir was over filled. When the whole issue started I added a bit extra hydraulic oil thinking it might help.