Price Check L 2650 price, and a little advice.

/ L 2650 price, and a little advice. #1  

BigDamnFool

Tractor
Kubota L3400 HST
I am in the middle of purchasing a 10 acre property to keep our horses ( 2 at present, probably 1 more in the future ) and will need a tractor. Property will be about 3 ac. pasture, 3 ac. woods, 4 ac. lawn, pond, and plenty of pine trees. Land has a gentle roll to it but no real big hills or sudden elevation changes. Also has about a 1000' driveway to clear snow from. Necessary repairs and new fencing are going to eat up most of the cash that I had set aside for buying a tractor. The current owner has a 1995 L2650 w/ FEL, Turf tires, GST, 5' brushhog, 6' finish mower, 5' box scraper, 7' rear blade, and 52" tiller. All are Woods, and appear to be in good shape. Tractor has 1450 hours and is in excellent condition and seems to have been maintained well. Only sign of wear is a little paint rash on the deck from clutching. What would a good price be for the whole setup as I could probably roll this into my mortgage, Or at least some of it. Is this a decent machine that will handle most of what I will be doing? Or, my other option would be to buy a new machine and finance it through Kubota. Something w/ an HST would be nice, that way I could teach MRS. how to do the chores while I'm out trying to pay for everything. Thanks for any input you can offer.

Tiny

/ L 2650 price, and a little advice.
Scrap that idea. Owner wants way to much to sell. could buy new plus an imp. or 2 for his price. back to square one for me.

Tiny

/ L 2650 price, and a little advice. #3  
What's his asking price on this? The tractor is low hours according to book, the GST adds a little and of course the loader with 4wd could make you a good package if the price is right. For a new Kubota with all you've described, you'd be looking at 20 plus.

/ L 2650 price, and a little advice.
kjb,

In talking to owner, he gave me the feeling that he really didn't want to sell and told me he'd probably have to get around $17-18K for everything. A little high I think, but a few grand off and it sounds a little more tempting. I'll talk to him again when we get a little bit closer to our closing. Until then, I'll see what I can do at some of the local Orange dealers. Thanks for the input.

Tiny