L 3010 Fuel filter question

/ L 3010 Fuel filter question #1  

Rowdy Raven

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L3010
Hey folks, I have a question. I have a Kubota L3010 that I am in the process of changing the fuel filter on. I have the new filter ready to go on with the new large O ring on the housing. The folks at the dealership also gave me a smaller O Ring. I can't see where this fits onto the filter or onto the inner part of the housing. Is this O Ring necessary? If so, where does it fit? Thanks so much!!!

/ L 3010 Fuel filter question #2  
I generally read the L10 series posts, as I had an L3410 for 15 years. I couldn't remember the filter layout, so here's a parts breakdown...
IMG_4391.jpg

/ L 3010 Fuel filter question
RJ thanks for your reply and the parts layout. What I don't get is the placement of the O Ring part 150. Does it just lay on top of the filter as I installing it? There does not seem to be a lip for it to rest on. What am I missing?

/ L 3010 Fuel filter question #4  
IIRC, there is a nipple sticking down from the filter base that has an oring on it. The filter will slip over this. Just look up inside the base.

AZ here is a pic of the piece. I have tried to slip the O ring up on to this but it doesn’t seem to fit. Will it stretch a tad and go on?

Attachments

• IMG_1733.jpeg
    IMG_1733.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 54
   / L 3010 Fuel filter question #6  
Yes, the oring will stretch. Just use a pick to remove the old one. Put a little oil on the new one after it's in place. Then push the filter element up in place.

Thanks much, I'll give it a go!

Thanks for your help, I got it on with no leaks!!!