L 3940 price?

/ L 3940 price? #11  
$38,900/$28,000 with the front remote and 400 hours seems about market to me.
Presumably a buyer's new discount would offset Kentucky sales tax +/-.
Winter is generally the most advantageous season to BUY at used tractor.

The pre-Tier IV models, like this L3940, command a $1,000 to $2,000 premium in the used market, as the succeeding XX60 Grand L models increased in price $6,000 with the addition of stricter emission controls.

Grand Ls seldom sit very long when offered at a fair price.

I see "inside stored" is a broad term. No rodents in my humidity controlled garage, where my L3560 is stored. The folded ROPS barely clears the door frame.

In the future I will use "garage stored".

Last edited:
   / L 3940 price? #12  
I have same tractor with backhoe. Can look up prices later.
724 loader, L4240 has the heavier loader.

/ L 3940 price? #13  
Mines a 2010, cost was $31k without bh.

/ L 3940 price?
Hi buckeye farmer how long ago did you purchase?

/ L 3940 price? #15  
2010 cost.

/ L 3940 price?
Talked to the credit union today about borrow some money. They said if the tractor has a title it hastohave insurance. My homeowner policy cover my tractor if it in the barn. Where do I get insurance for a tractor? Can you purchase it from Kubota if you are buying from a private party?

/ L 3940 price? #17  
My homeowners covers mine, has to stay on my property.

/ L 3940 price? #18  
Why do you need it?

"They said if the tractor has a title it has to have insurance" Do tractors have titles in KY? I wasn't aware titles are issued for tractors.

Similar to Buckeyefarmer, homeowners should cover most issues as long as it is on your property.

/ L 3940 price?
Yea I don't have a title for my 3010. This tractor was purchased from a dealer by the current owner in November for a tax write off. I called the dealer and they said there were no issues with the tractor. Does Kubota recommend the hydraulic fluid be changed at 400 hours for this tractor?

/ L 3940 price? #20  
Can you purchase insurance from Kubota if you are buying from a private party?

kubota ktac insurance - Google Search

Tractors do not have titles. You get a Bill of Sale and that is it. That is why it is important to ascertain as far as possible that any tractor you purchase from a private party is PAID OFF if financed and not stolen. When tractors are paid off through Kubota finance Kubtoa sends a statement confirming same.

Every once in awhile someone asks on TBN "I have been making payments to Kubota for XX years. I have decided to sell my tractor for XX reasons. DO I HAVE TO PAY OFF KUBOTA?"
I am sure some do not pay off Kubota.