3-Point Hitch L-series Jerky 3PH - Jeff's homebrew repair.

/ L-series Jerky 3PH - Jeff's homebrew repair. #261  
not entirely true he did follow up with some pictures of the mounted valve but he did not follow up with regards to the work done on the valve under the seat that he took apart. that was the part I was curious about. as well as if there were any ill effects or issues long term. I do appreciate what he did share and hope it does work since I'm in the process of trying it myself.

OK. I see what you mean. My assumption was that he took the sliding spool out of the PCV and rounded the porting edges. This is sort of thing that one would expect to "soften" the abrupt opening of the fluid passage. It shouldn't cause any problem.
But having said that, I can see that there are questions.... For example, exactly how did he round the edge - if that is what he did? Why did he decide on that amount? Yes, as I think about it more I think if I was doing it to my machine I'd have the same questions you do.
rScotty

/ L-series Jerky 3PH - Jeff's homebrew repair. #262  
I remember this thread, as I have a L3700SU with the jerky hitch. With my land plane on the back..I can almost bounce my front tires off the ground.

/ L-series Jerky 3PH - Jeff's homebrew repair. #263  
PTO engagement cable. Some people had trouble with them. I never did.

Yes Sir that was it , and I think also some minor issues with seat slide . BTW mine came with none of those issues also .

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    1,004.4 KB · Views: 80
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 80
   / L-series Jerky 3PH - Jeff's homebrew repair. #264  
Yes Sir that was it , and I think also some minor issues with seat slide . BTW mine came with none of those issues also .

Another was suspension seat being rusted to the point of being inoperative. Mine was delivered that way. Some penetrating oil and jumping up and down on the suspension seat plate fixed that, and no more problems after that. If I remember correctly the 3700SU didn't actually have a suspension seat, but all of the 3400's did. Although many of them didn't work and the owners didn't even know it had it.

/ L-series Jerky 3PH - Jeff's homebrew repair. #265  
Apologies for the somewhat delayed response, but thank you very much for the detailed solution. I still have the same LK35 tractor and still want to fix the jerky hitch problem. Your solution makes prefect sense. Now to source required parts down here in Australia. Thanks again Jeff!