L series wheel weights

/ L series wheel weights #1  

kuboman

Veteran Member
Tractor
B3200, L5740,
Does anyone have rear wheel weights for their L kubota. I am thinking of using them instead of liquid in the tires but they seem to be rare on Kubota's. JD seems to sell more of them for there small utility tractors:confused:

/ L series wheel weights #2  
When I bought mine, I was told that due to the cost of liquid vs weights, they rarely ever sold any weights.

/ L series wheel weights #3  
Does anyone have rear wheel weights for their L kubota. I am thinking of using them instead of liquid in the tires but they seem to be rare on Kubota's. JD seems to sell more of them for there small utility tractors:confused:

The owner's manual for my Grand L4610HSTC expressly prohibits the use of liquid fill although it goes to some length to explain the use of liquid fill for the non-cab version (Grand L4610HST.) So... I went for the Kubota OEM cast iron wheel weights. I installed the max allowed which is three sets and it does help considerably doing heavy FEL stuff, even messing with 1000 lb round bales which even with the weights make the rear wheels barely stay on the ground necessitating 4WD in many instances. Typically I like to have something on the 3PH if I do heavy FEL work. A box blade does the trick and doesn't stick back so far as many other choices so my maneuvering in tight spaces is not hurt so much. Typically I have a round bale spear on both ends of the tractor during the "feeding season" (no available grass.) and Weights are not needed (I do not take them on and off, just leaving them being my preferred option.

I intend, when I get a "round2it", to make up a weight for the 3PH, probably part of a 50 gal drum with concreted in place rocks in it or maybe a plastic 50 gal drum to carry a variable quantity of water ballast which with the steel mounting and all would max out at about 500 lbs which behind the rear axle a bit would give it more beneficial effect than the three sets of wheel weights which add up to 450 lbs for the ones I have.

Pat

/ L series wheel weights
The owner's manual for my Grand L4610HSTC expressly prohibits the use of liquid fill although it goes to some length to explain the use of liquid fill for the non-cab version (Grand L4610HST.) So... I went for the Kubota OEM cast iron wheel weights. I installed the max allowed which is three sets and it does help considerably doing heavy FEL stuff, even messing with 1000 lb round bales which even with the weights make the rear wheels barely stay on the ground necessitating 4WD in many instances. Typically I like to have something on the 3PH if I do heavy FEL work. A box blade does the trick and doesn't stick back so far as many other choices so my maneuvering in tight spaces is not hurt so much. Typically I have a round bale spear on both ends of the tractor during the "feeding season" (no available grass.) and Weights are not needed (I do not take them on and off, just leaving them being my preferred option.

I intend, when I get a "round2it", to make up a weight for the 3PH, probably part of a 50 gal drum with concreted in place rocks in it or maybe a plastic 50 gal drum to carry a variable quantity of water ballast which with the steel mounting and all would max out at about 500 lbs which behind the rear axle a bit would give it more beneficial effect than the three sets of wheel weights which add up to 450 lbs for the ones I have.

Pat

Thanks for the replys. Do you know what the weights weigh? I know they say 65# on the build it site but is that per weight or per pair?:confused:

/ L series wheel weights #5  
I think my weights are 150 lbs per pair and I have three pair stacked on.

Pat

/ L series wheel weights
I think my weights are 150 lbs per pair and I have three pair stacked on.

Pat

Can you still remove the tire without taking the weights off? Do they stick out beyond the rim?:)

/ L series wheel weights #7  
They do not stick out. I suppose you could remove a tire with them installed,

I haven't removed a rear time in over 7 years.

Pat