L01 Emissions?

/ L01 Emissions? #1  

WilliamBos

Tractor
MF 1635 12x12 Powershuttle
For those who own a Kubota L3301/3901/4701, have you had any emissions issues? I'm pondering an L3301, want to make sure I am not getting in to a headache.

/ L01 Emissions? #2  
None so far approaching 100 hours since I bought it last fall 1 regen at 55 hours I run it hard and keep it hot

/ L01 Emissions? #3  
I had a 4701 - regen every 50 hours or so. I had no problems with it

/ L01 Emissions? #4  
Begin rant.

I'm not a fan of the def but i guess we need clean air. I just wonder why $ no one ever talks about the pollution associated with aviation, both commercial and military.

Lots of unburned fuel for some reason, not good!

End rant

/ L01 Emissions? #5  
Begin rant.

I'm not a fan of the def but i guess we need clean air. I just wonder why $ no one ever talks about the pollution associated with aviation, both commercial and military.

Lots of unburned fuel for some reason, not good!

End rant
Trains and ships pollute the air way more than pipelines both in production and in use, yet pipelines get “cancelled”.
Makes sense :rolleyes:

/ L01 Emissions? #6  
Cows pollute, cause erosion and use too much water. Just saying.

/ L01 Emissions? #8  
   / L01 Emissions? #9  
We do not Hydo Treat or run Kerosene through the HDS unit to remove the majority of Sulphur from Jet fuel. It would not work but I cannot imagine the FAA would take a risk of adding a EGR, DPF or SCR on a commercial or any Jet engine for that matter. I was shocked to see all tractors over 26HP having Tier 4 emissions requirements. As others have said personal tractors are a small fraction of emissions compared to Aviation and Shipping.

/ L01 Emissions? #10  
We do not Hydo Treat or run Kerosene through the HDS unit to remove the majority of Sulphur from Jet fuel. It would not work but I cannot imagine the FAA would take a risk of adding a EGR, DPF or SCR on a commercial or any Jet engine for that matter. I was shocked to see all tractors over 26HP having Tier 4 emissions requirements. As others have said personal tractors are a small fraction of emissions compared to Aviation and Shipping.

Have you not heard of the EPA?? You may not question their wisdom and especially not their superiority.

And, under no circumstances should you ask why a small number of people in a large area should have to suffer for something that is almost exclusively a Big City or industrial problem. Like, how is Old MacDonald gonna hurt anything put-putting along when he's 100 miles from the nearest Big City? The little bit of 'pollution' he does emit falls to the ground WAY before it gets anywhere near the people causing the REAL pollution.

Don't ask, you are only required to obey