L1500 Grey Market Parts

/ L1500 Grey Market Parts #1  

DonD

I have a 20 year old L1500 Grey Market manual shift tractor. The shift lever and the PTO shift lever share a common boot. It appears to be leaking (an ounce of fluid runs out during an hour of work). Can this be replaced easily? Who would carry such a part? Anybody else have an L!500?

/ L1500 Grey Market Parts #2  
Hi Don, I just bought an L1500. I wasn't aware of greymarket tractors then. But apparently. Looks good everything seems to work. I wanted to change all the fluids but the only part I can't find is the oil filter. It is the bolt on type. Any ideas where I get get this type filter?? Any luck with your problem?
Any help is appreciated,

Cheers : )

Mitch

/ L1500 Grey Market Parts #3  
I have an L245DT (grey) and found that most of the parts interchange with the American model L245DT . I would guess there is a very similer US model to your L1500. Just don't tell the Kubota dealer this is for a grey market model as he probably won't help you . I do not know what the American model would be for your tractor but I would guess the shifter would be the same as mine .

/ L1500 Grey Market Parts #4  
Don,
My L1501 was doing the same thing. Underneath the seat on the left side of the housing, there is a vent tube that lets the case breathe. It is a small crook shaped piece, about 3" or so long. Dirt daubers(Mud daubers) have a nasty habit of making themselves a cozy lil' house there, in turn, plugging up that vent tube so the case can't breathe. Take a small piece of wire or something similar and carefully try to dislodge the dirt or debris, if there is any in there. The tube can be removed for cleaning if need be, but I didn't have to. Just try not to push anything further up in the tube. This fixed my leak problem. Hope this helps. Bill