Oil & Fuel L2650DT steering seal leak

/ L2650DT steering seal leak #1  

SouthernSky

Gold Member
Tractor
2013 Kubota L3200DT
Including a picture here. In addition to the axle seals leaking I also have a leak on both sides of the shaft to the tie rods.

Do I have to drain my hydraulic fluid to take this apart? It appears to be the lowest point where two hydraulic lines go in, a design changed in later years because like me it doesn’t take much to bend those lines to near the breaking point.

I’m just thinking if I got a couple caps when I undid the hydraulic lines would save me from changing all the fluid in the tractor.

Yes? No? Have you ever changed these seals?

IMG_0983.jpg

/ L2650DT steering seal leak #2  
You should not need to drain the fluid. Very little will be lost when you take the lines loose.

/ L2650DT steering seal leak #3  
Long as the tractor isn't running only the oil in the line will be lost

/ L2650DT steering seal leak
Thanks, folks. I wasn't sure if there was anything tanked behind those lines.

You would happen to know the thread size for caps and plugs, would you?

/ L2650DT steering seal leak #5  
The steering valve is between the pump and that cylinder. You could use a shop towel rapped around the ends just to keep dust out. I don’t know what size or thread type those fittings are.

/ L2650DT steering seal leak #6  
While you're at it, please fix that weird kink in the hose for the steering cylinder. It's giving me the fits. 🤣

/ L2650DT steering seal leak
While you're at it, please fix that weird kink in the hose for the steering cylinder. It's giving me the fits.

I confess I’m scared to touch it as it has been there over 25 years.