L2800 "remote" ports for a grapple.

/ L2800 "remote" ports for a grapple. #1  

teg

Tractor
s
First off, I have to give a BIG "THANK YOU" for all those that know your hydraulics and guide the rest us as we try and learn. Also, special "Thanks" for those who have travel down this road and documented it... Canoetrpr and StrangeRanger. I have read many threads and searched many hours, I'm much smarter now but still have a long way to go and hope this will be a simple yes or no answer.

I would like to add remotes for a grapple and TnT (the TnT will be much later on... when I can feel my wallet grow again). I had thought about just adding an electric diverter for the grapple but I would not be any closer for adding TnT later. So I wanted to add three remotes now. Most people have used this spool:
3 SPOOL SV VALVE OPEN CENTER W/POWER BEYOND
But I would like to use this spool:
COMPACT 3 SPOOL DOUBLE ACTING DIRECTIONAL CONTROL VALVE

I need to confirm that this will work for me, on an L2800 with PB and 6.5gpm ... I think it will and I hope it does... I will document this process as I go... Thanks Dan/teg

/ L2800 "remote" ports for a grapple. #2  
Yes, I believe that second valve with 8 GPM flow valve will work quite well. That valve also has PB.

About the only difference is the first valve will handle more GPM's

/ L2800 "remote" ports for a grapple.
Thanks, J_J, I was hoping to hear that... Didn't know what the main difference was between the SV and MB valves. This one is cheaper ($200 vs. $300) and I can have the handles horizontal.

My (rough) plan will be to mount the unit near the loader valve and try to plumb it with fittings vs. hoses. I would use the PB hose that was going to the loader, and hook it to this MB valve. Use fitting out of this valve to hook into the PB port of the loader. Also, "T" the return close to the loader valve's return line (hopefully using fittings again).

Last edited: