L3010 engine oil capacity

/ L3010 engine oil capacity #1  

ballegre

Tractor
Kubota L3010 2000
I'm at a loss. Why is it that I cannot find the engine oil capacity for this tractor? I searched TBN the internet etc and there seems to be some great conspiracy to hide this information. Don't get it.

I know I can call the dealer but it's Sunday and I need to know now. I'm not sure if I have enough oil and I want to change the oil today. If I recall the owners manual is wrong. Anyone help?

Thanks,

Bob

EDIT: Oh, I have an HST tranny

/ L3010 engine oil capacity #2  
From what I can tell, 5.8 quarts is required. Go to Kubota's website, click on Support, then Parts, scroll down and click on Quick Reference-Parts Look Up, select the Series, then Model, then the Engine, and finally, Platform. The capacities should pull up from there.

Hope this helps.
Regards, Colin

/ L3010 engine oil capacity #3  
If you're not sure, put 3 quarts in...let it set for a minute and check the dip stick. There probably won't be any oil showing, so try another quart and repeat the process. Then try ½ a quart and check the dip stick. Repeat if necessary with about ½ quarts until the oil is showing on the dip stick. Let it set for at least 30 seconds before you check the level.
Once you see oil between the "ADD" and "FULL" marks...it's time to stop putting oil in.

You're better a quart low then a quart over. Overfilling the sump can result in the oil foaming during operation. Foaming oil does not lubricate well at all.

/ L3010 engine oil capacity
RoyJackson said:
If you're not sure, put 3 quarts in...let it set for a minute and check the dip stick. There probably won't be any oil showing, so try another quart and repeat the process. Then try ½ a quart and check the dip stick. Repeat if necessary with about ½ quarts until the oil is showing on the dip stick. Let it set for at least 30 seconds before you check the level.
Once you see oil between the "ADD" and "FULL" marks...it's time to stop putting oil in.

You're better a quart low then a quart over. Overfilling the sump can result in the oil foaming during operation. Foaming oil does not lubricate well at all.

Thanks. That's what I thought. The problem is that I only have about 1.5 Liters of oil left in a 3.78L container. But I'm almost certain that I used that same container to change the oil last time. Doesn't make sense though.

/ L3010 engine oil capacity #5  
ballegre said:
Thanks. That's what I thought. The problem is that I only have about 1.5 Liters of oil left in a 3.78L container. But I'm almost certain that I used that same container to change the oil last time. Doesn't make sense though.

If you used TWO containers last time, you would have 1.5L remaining in one and would have filled the sump correctly....

jb

/ L3010 engine oil capacity #6  
oil capacity with the filter for L3010 & L3410

5.8 quarts
or
5.5 liters

/ L3010 engine oil capacity
Thanks guys. I must have recalled EVERYTHING incorrectly. Wish my brain would work better sometimes.