L3200 3rd function - WR Long or Land Pride

/ L3200 3rd function - WR Long or Land Pride #1  

roaf3x

Bronze Member
My dealer wants 1K for a Wr long valve install plus 300 for delivery/ (9Miles)
I have identified the power beyond and dont really see it as difficult ?
Has anybody faced this recently ?

I am adding a hydraulic angle kit (worksaver) with a crossover valve kit as well. It seems pretty straight forward as well but Ive never really worked with hydro ?

Thoughts from the group??

Thanks
Roaf3x

/ L3200 3rd function - WR Long or Land Pride #2  
We offer the WR Long Custom 3rd Function kit for $837 shipped free to your home within 1,000 miles of Newton, NC.

There are 120 customer reviews on the page, so buy with confidence. Many talk about how simple installation is.

Also, you get $50 off if you order the best grapple on the planet with the kit!!
I hope this helps.
Travis

/ L3200 3rd function - WR Long or Land Pride #3  
It's not to hard if you understand power beyond & open center. If you search for it I documented my custom rear 3 spool install in my former L3200. Good learning experience if you are handy.

$1k is about average for a dealer install 3rd function from what I've seen.

/ L3200 3rd function - WR Long or Land Pride #4  
I paid $850 for the dealer to install the W&R Long valve as part of the build on my new L6060. Probably would have been more for an older machine retrofit though. The dealer recommended the W&R Long over the LandPride due to price and some alleged problems. He didn't elaborate and I didn't ask.

So far, the W&R Long has worked ok except during the recent cold weather. I use it to control plow angle and one spool sticks open occasionally until the oil warms up.

/ L3200 3rd function - WR Long or Land Pride #5  
I'll say W.R. Long if you only want ONE thing controlled. Like Fallon, for less money, I installed 3 spool valve to control a grapple and top and side hydraulic links.

/ L3200 3rd function - WR Long or Land Pride #6  
The Kubota dealer installed a W R Long unit along with my Land Pride grapple. Install of hydraulic third function plus grapple was $1000.

/ L3200 3rd function - WR Long or Land Pride #7  
I'll say W.R. Long if you only want ONE thing controlled. Like Fallon, for less money, I installed 3 spool valve to control a grapple and top and side hydraulic links.
I wouldn't say less money. I think I was around $2500 for my 3 spools & TnT cylinders along with all the plumbing. I got a nice valve setup though. You could definitely do a much more economical build than I did however. I think you'd be hard pressed to make it under 4 figures for 3 spools even with free labor.

/ L3200 3rd function - WR Long or Land Pride #9  
I got the Land Pride 3rd function from Messick's. The L3200 kit is currently listed for $698 + shipping. The install on my MX5200 was quite easy. I assume the L3200 would be as well, looking at the instruction sheet.

/ L3200 3rd function - WR Long or Land Pride #10  
WR Long kit, dealer installed, for $1000 is market price. I’ve bought three WR Long kits and wouldn’t do it any other way. Adding rear remotes is a whole different way.