L3200 battery - is it special?

/ L3200 battery - is it special? #21  
10 years is way past useful life, I change mine out at 5 max. To me, starting batteries are a consumable item and I need my tractors to start with no issues, winter or summer. measure the battery tray, length, width and available height clearance and get the largest battery with the most CCA that will fit with the correct terminal post locations.
Question, do you test your batteries with a conductance tester before replacing? The price of replacing One or two batteries would probably buy one of these had for over 10 yrs now. Can't remember if this older model is capable of testing agms and gel types.

Attachments

• KIMG1325.JPG
    KIMG1325.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 58
   / L3200 battery - is it special? #22  
No, I use a carbon pile load tester. Besides, I can pretty much tell from the cranking sound (cold motor) when the jar has about had it. Yes, I keep all the connections clean and bright including those to the starter and grounds. In a large percentage of cases, it's not the starting battery but the corroded connections that cause starting issues.

I buy my batteries from the local heavy truck dealership because they turn them over quickly so no old, on the shelf battery collecting dust. Remember, a wet charged battery on the shelf, is aging no matter what.

/ L3200 battery - is it special?
I ended up at Advanced Auto (we don’t have an Interstate or Batteries Plus here and the Walmart didn’t have any in stock with the Positive post on the upper right). Good thing I brought my tape measure as the steel brackets at the base of the battery box was only 10 1/4 inches and most of the batteries were slightly wider. I ended up putting rubber padding underneath (tool box liners) for a little extra cushioning.

Thanks everyone!