Price Check L3240HST w/FEL and Ballast Box - Value?

/ L3240HST w/FEL and Ballast Box - Value? #1  

ededic

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere 2210, John Deere 6x4 Gator
My father in-law is moving to a retirement community and will be selling his tractor. It is a 2007 Kubota L3240HST with only 460 hrs on it. It has been used around the yard and not seen much use on his 2 acre lot. It has a LA514 Loader and a ballast box attachment on the 3pt.

He also has a 2010 Kubota ZG222-48 Zero Turn Mower with 364 hours.

Both have been his babies.

Trying to help him establish what are they worth.

/ L3240HST w/FEL and Ballast Box - Value?
Maybe some can help me with what I should have asked? Seems I did not ask the right question. As of now, Father in law plans to call the dealer to pick it up.

/ L3240HST w/FEL and Ballast Box - Value? #3  
Let me relate my recent experience selling a used 2011 Kubota L3400. This is a standard tranny machine with few if any factory bells and whistles. I added a 3rd function and Pat’s easy hitch.

The dealer offered me $11,000 on a trade towards a Kioti DK4510 - I was unhappy with that # so decided to sell it on my own. I advertised it on Craigslist and Facebook Market place. I wouldn’t say I had babied it, but it was maintained to Mnfctrs spec, and pressured washed before pics. It had 560 hrs on it.

The one contingency I required (and I feel that this was significant) was that the buyer have to wait till my tractor was at the dealer. At the time of pacing the ad my dealer could give me No prediction on lead time.

I asked $15,000 - and was able to get it. Response was Very Strong on Facebook!!

My takeaway is that until dealers can get tractors it is a sellers market for this size of tractor (in good condition). And if you can wait a bit you will get 25% more Selling it yourself - probably close to what he originally paid for it!

Check internet prices for market value. Ask Tractor Mike has a formula and system for determining value - google him - nice guy - has a website and Youtube channel. With a small amount of patience I think you will do well.

If he is in a hurry and doesn’t have a way to move it - ask the dealer about a consignment sale - they are usually willing to do them for 10%. Good Luck.

Let me relate my recent experience selling a used 2011 Kubota L3400. This is a standard tranny machine with few if any factory bells and whistles. I added a 3rd function and Pat’s easy hitch.

The dealer offered me $11,000 on a trade towards a Kioti DK4510 - I was unhappy with that # so decided to sell it on my own. I advertised it on Craigslist and Facebook Market place. I wouldn’t say I had babied it, but it was maintained to Mnfctrs spec, and pressured washed before pics. It had 560 hrs on it.

The one contingency I required (and I feel that this was significant) was that the buyer have to wait till my tractor was at the dealer. At the time of pacing the ad my dealer could give me No prediction on lead time.

I asked $15,000 - and was able to get it. Response was Very Strong on Facebook!!

My takeaway is that until dealers can get tractors it is a sellers market for this size of tractor (in good condition). And if you can wait a bit you will get 25% more Selling it yourself - probably close to what he originally paid for it!

Check internet prices for market value. Ask Tractor Mike has a formula and system for determining value - google him - nice guy - has a website and Youtube channel. With a small amount of patience I think you will do well.

If he is in a hurry and doesn’t have a way to move it - ask the dealer about a consignment sale - they are usually willing to do them for 10%. Good Luck.
Thanks! I am not familiar with Kubota so I am a bit out of my element on value, features, models, demand, etc.

/ L3240HST w/FEL and Ballast Box - Value? #5  
   / L3240HST w/FEL and Ballast Box - Value? #6  
My father in-law is moving to a retirement community and will be selling his tractor. It is a 2007 Kubota L3240HST with only 460 hrs on it. It has been used around the yard and not seen much use on his 2 acre lot. It has a LA514 Loader and a ballast box attachment on the 3pt.

He also has a 2010 Kubota ZG222-48 Zero Turn Mower with 364 hours.

Both have been his babies.

Trying to help him establish what are they worth.
Prices can vary quite a bit by region but I'll tell you what I paid for almost the exact same tractor back in Dec. of last year, 07 L3240hst but mine has the larger LA724 loader and about 800hrs on it. Condition is decent but a bit sun faded, other then maintenance I only had to put a front tire on it.

I paid $15,500 and had to drive about 4hrs because there was nothing in my area. Most of what I've seen in the MI area has been selling for a little less then what I'm seeing in VA typically, but not by much.

/ L3240HST w/FEL and Ballast Box - Value? #7  
Not really familiar with that model, but I can tell you this: assuming the tractor isn't beat up, faded or filthy, and everything works as designed, it is valuable. Kubotas hold their value very well, and right now, new ones are hard to find and selling for list. A quick search turned up this one on Tractorhouse: https://www.tractorhouse.com/listings/farm-equipment/for-sale/207290735/2011-kubota-l3240hst for $19500 and 700 hours. A starting point? I see it's a Grand L model, which means it's loaded with great features.

/ L3240HST w/FEL and Ballast Box - Value? #8  
The tractor is the last version (xx40) series before the government tier 4 mandate happened. That tractor is an L series and as mentioned is a premium model. As mentioned by varmit start at the $19,500 and I'll be you won't have to come down much....but will have many interested buyers. Another thing to your advantage is dealers can not get all the machines they have orders for. Don't give it to a dealer!!!!!!

Thank you all for the feedback. Will let you know what he decides to do. Much appreciated.

/ L3240HST w/FEL and Ballast Box - Value? #10  
Hopefully you can keep it in the family. Money is money, but equipment has real value. Both sound like worthy pieces to own.