L3400 hydro slow in reverse

/ L3400 hydro slow in reverse #1  

AaronS

Platinum Member
Tractor
LS XR4046HC, New Holland Boomer 1020
Hi all. The last time I used my L3400 it was VERY slow in reverse (barely creeping), but normal speed going forward. It was the first time I'd used it since last fall. I'm at a loss. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

/ L3400 hydro slow in reverse
No sir.

/ L3400 hydro slow in reverse #4  
My B3200 has a mmm, and a pin was installed backward. The hst pedal was hitting the pin when in reverse. It cut the speed and power by half.

Thanks beckmurph. I'll check for other things that may be obstructing the pedal. I just don't remember it being this slow last fall.

/ L3400 hydro slow in reverse #6  
This thread started with similar symptoms - an HST with slow weak reverse but normal forward motion. With the engine TURNED OFF, verify the HST pedal linkage above and below the floor is free to move in both directions. (last lever should swing about 30 degrees forward and back, with a light detent in the middle)

/ L3400 hydro slow in reverse #7  
Make sure the bracket holding the pedal is tight. My bracket became loose and slow reverse is how I noticed it.

Thanks guys, I will check this tomorrow before brush-hogging.

Well guys, I feel foolish for not looking things over before posting for help, but the fix was simpler than I had even hoped for. The pedal is attached to the rest of the linkage with 2 bolts. The rear bolt had backed out and the rear of the pedal had shifted down, so when I pressed the pedal to move backward, the linkage would not move much at all. I lined up the holes and reinserted the bolt and all is well. Thanks again for your help.

/ L3400 hydro slow in reverse #10  
There are 2 kinds of bolts on a tractor, those that have fell out, and those that are working themselves loose.:D

I rest my case click here

James K0UA