L3400 Temperature gauge

/ L3400 Temperature gauge #1  

ccsial

Veteran Member
Tractor
(Kuboto L3400) (Ford 1900 4WD w/FEL) (Deere X748SE) All bought new
Just wondering where the temp gauge runs on other L3400's? My new L3400 HST just gets above the little dot on the low end. Seems too cold. This is running a 60" brush cutter on an 85 degree day. I am wondering if the sender or gauge is defective.

/ L3400 Temperature gauge #2  
<font color="blue"> My new L3400 HST just gets above the little dot on the low end. </font>
That's about normal for <font color="orange"> Kubota </font> temperature gages.
When it starts moving up about middle of the gage it time to clean screen in front of radiator.

/ L3400 Temperature gauge #3  
I agree with Ron. Completely normal temp range. He's also correct about changing the front screen when you see the needle go up to about one quarter. I've had my L3000DT for about 2 years now and that is exactly how it reacts.

Phil

/ L3400 Temperature gauge
Thanks guys, I feel better now. My Ford 1910 runs in the middle of the gauge at normal temp so I was a bit concerned.

/ L3400 Temperature gauge #5  
Mine is a DT (gear), but it does the same thing. Just barely jumps off the bottom and stays there no matter how long I run it, what I'm doing or how hot the day is.

/ L3400 Temperature gauge #6  
Lots of prior posts on this issue. Kubotas run "cool" on the temperature gauge. If yours starts to register in the mid range of the gauge, bet it'll be from a clogged grill in front of the radiator. That's the only time my L3410 ever got off the lower end of the temperature range (90 degree weather, sunny day, brush cutting - doesn't even get 1/3 of the way between cold and hot).