L3600, New to me, with challenges

/ L3600, New to me, with challenges #1  

cmyoung2

Gold Member
Tractor
BCS 850, Kubota BX2230 w/FEL, mid mount mower, 41" tiller Kubota L3600 w/4-1FEL, Farmi winch
Bought a L3600 with a Great Bend FEL/4in1 bucket, hydraulic top link and side link. Needed something a little bigger than my BX2230 for pulling/lifting logs(new sawmill) Probably paid too much(according to my wife-way too much) but I think it will work. The challenges- Bought it in Oct last year, from a fairly local guy that deals in used equipment. Thought I had looked it over, knew it was leaking around the steering cylinder, not much, just bothersome. Got it home, hooked up to the flail mower and realized the PTO would not disengage. Looked at all the linkage, figured out it was something inside, so I called the dealer. He said, no problem, he would take care of it. So I hauled it to his mechanic, who after 6-8 weeks figured out he just didn't have the time(farmer/mechanic on the side) so it got moved to another mechanic (retired JD mechanic.) After tearing it down, starting at the back, when he pulled the last plate off, a gear popped off the shaft, spring loaded. Got to wondering how it was supposed to go back together, realized there should have been a snap ring on the end of that shaft. So, a lot of labor to find a snap ring missing. But the dealer took care of that part of the bill. I had the mechanic fix the leaking steering cylinder($200 in parts, another $200 in hardware(rusted bolts and mounts) but everything is back together and running good. Best guess is the dealer cost was probably 4-5K, but he did what he said. Sort of surprising in this day and age. I will go back to him for some attachments. The tractor is now mated to a Farmi winch, older model with legs instead of a blade, but I think it will do what I need.
SO now I have a L3600 for the heavy lifting and a BX2230 for the handy, move stuff around work.

/ L3600, New to me, with challenges #2  
We're going to need pictures. 👍

/ L3600, New to me, with challenges
Pictures, with the Farmi winch, 4in1 bucket. Have never used a 4in1 bucket, not sure about that yet but glad it does have those extra hydraulics up front. It is a W.R. Long pin on bucket, wondering what it would take to change to QA so I could get a set of forks w/grapple for moving logs and lumber?

Attachments

• 8BRWuyTeR9+bT3vj%Dl2Lg.jpg
    8BRWuyTeR9+bT3vj%Dl2Lg.jpg
    6.2 MB · Views: 44
  • IPop32OtTtiLsX8lfFrFDA.jpg
    IPop32OtTtiLsX8lfFrFDA.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 44
  • tbfDbdjgR9uYhZ1w2pWjuA.jpg
    tbfDbdjgR9uYhZ1w2pWjuA.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 47
  • U6MPr8haQKOPE+zkBydn5g.jpg
    U6MPr8haQKOPE+zkBydn5g.jpg