L3700 SU Work & Repairs

/ L3700 SU Work & Repairs #1  

Recoveryhill

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L3700SU
My L3700 is now 9 years old and going strong. Since October it has been deployed recovering from Hurricane Maria, a devastating storm that took my roof, and many others. I purchased chain-on forks for the bucket and they have seen hours and hours of use.

So far debris on my property filled 70 cubic yards of bins, hand picked to the bucket and forks. We punched out what was left of a triple window opening on the second floor and leveled the yard below to allow loading materials into house. 2,100 square feet of 2 x 6 T&G, ditto on foil backed 2" insulation board and 3/4 T&G plywood, 16' 4 X 8 Rafters and 4 X 10 Ridge Beams went up on the forks saving a tremendous amount of labor. The roof was 70 years old and although it had survived many other storms, Maria was one too many. I went from September to May with no municipal power and the roof was completed the end of July. Nothing happens quickly after such a storm, especially in the islands.

Utility lines were down everywhere and I managed to wind Aluminum stranded wire around the outboard right rear axle/seal, destroying the seal. Removing the tire/wheel, sheet metal, brackets and the axle housing went well and once re-assembled, no leaks! The PTO had become stubborn to shift in/out so I took the opportunity to replace the cable which corrected the problem. As reported here earlier, I am unable to shift the range out of middle and in spite of working on the arms/links, am still in that condition. I guess if you're going to be stuck anywhere, middle range is the place to be.

The machine gets on schedule maintenance including a coolant flush and replace, once a year. Other than consumables, a battery and the PTO cable all parts are original and in good condition. This is a good tractor!